Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tires

Discussion in 'North Region' started by petryshyn, Feb 7, 2006.

1. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

Hey just wondering where all you Canadian guys pic up your tires. Been looking for a couple months (not hard) but can't find anything used like I wanted. So what I am wondering is where you pic up your new tires/rims, and whats a fair price compared to what I see online.

Also I guess this is a call for anyone trying to get rid of used tires in the 37-39" range, with 8 lug rims, shoot me a pm or post up if you are selling.

Thanks.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

well i am close to the border, and the wife has family in detroit, so I have stuff shipped there.

I bought h1 recentered rim from a member and shipped them there, and a member in NY has a friend with new 37's and he drives to niagera falls for work so I will meet up with him and buy them then.

there is national 4wd there expencive, big mark up.

I dont really know, check the mags and see if there is any canadian companys or check on line for some.

How far are you from the border?

the brotherhood will help you, ship stuff to a members house and pick it up.

3. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

There is a place in Winni that sells 37" military tire blems for real cheap like 550 for 4. They are called Kroy Tire. It might be worth the drive east.

4. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replys. Phoned KROY tire up, not to bad of a deal, wants 130 dollars for the military tires in the ~37" range. Only has the used tires with about ~50% tread left. Was kinda looking for ~80-95% range. (No military blemishes, at least not over the phone)

Also if anyone is interest they are getting a shipment of blemishes in the next 3 weeks or so, seems to have decent prices. (877) 814-8473 if anyone is interested.

So I guess this is a good start, been looking for military tires for a while, and from what I understand they are more abundant in Canada then the us, but where are they all??? Anyone know where the surplus tires and stuff come from, I mean the almost brand new ones.?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

REALLY? sounds great, what tires are these?

6. dogdaysunrise

mostly goodyear, nice tire, awesome in mud. They get all kinds of blems in too, like sometimes they will get a shipment of MTR blems that didnt get treaded properly cause the cutting knife was off by half an inch. They dont look right so they sell them as a blem. Well to you and me, that is great cause now they are cheap and work just as good.

7. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I would also start looking at all the local 4x4 forums. There is a good source of all the sites in 4WD magazine. It is the canadian 4x4 rag printed in Kelowna BC. It would also end up being a good way to meet fellow wheelers in your area.

Some good sites I use are bc4x4.com or bogginfreaks.com. Who knows you might even find a good set of tires out west that could be shipped for a good enough deal to make it worth your while. Shipping is pretty cheap if you stay inside the country.

Hope that helps you some.

8. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

Well got my tires in, and mounted. Pretty good guys to deal with, although one tire when i got it wouldn't hold air had to put 2 plugs in her.

Here is a pic of the beast

100_0781 (Medium).jpg

9. dogdaysunrise

did you go to kroy?

10. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

Never went to kroy, but dealt with them over the phone.

11. dogdaysunrise

they look sweet :thumb:

12. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Any idea what rim sizes are available? I guess nothing in 17's?