Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KGsK5, Sep 11, 2006.

1. KGsK5

KGsK5 1/2 ton status

anyone use the pro comp mud or x terrains? what do you think of them? im lookin to get a set of one of them 35x12.50 15r... my buddy has a set of the x terrains and they seem pretty mice. i need something that wont wear much cuz they are goin on my DD. thanks.

2. MetalMelter

MetalMelter 1/2 ton status

X - Terrains

I run 325/80 16 - 37/13.50/16 on my 1/2 ton
    with 16x10 6 Lug wheels. There mounted to my DD.
    I like them alot, not real good on ice and snow though.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  3. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

my friend had some on his new dodge ram. 35x12.50r17. i guarntee you he would not recommend them. he had them on for about 5 months and he was on his way to new mexico when the back right blew out on the highway. completely sealed his exhaust pipe tight. luckly he is a welder. so as far as tread life. no. dont get them. unless you want the chance of having that little fiasco.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a friend that has a set of 33's Xterrains on a Jeep. Its his DD and they are wearing down very quickly. I would guess that on a FS rig they would be gone fast.

5. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I had a set of xterrains on my 95 f-150 4x4, and they wore pretty quickly and not very evenly at all. Im good about rotation of my tires and keeping proper air pressures.

6. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

I have a set of 35x12.50's mud terrains on my truck now and they seem to have held their life. I have driven from california to florida from florida to indiana back to florida and from florida to tennesee and back to florida quite a few times and they seem to have done alright for me. :cool1: They are finally wearing down on me though:doah: and I've had them for about 2-3 years can't remember.:thinking: Don't know about the xterrains though, never had em.

7. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

In my experience with both the mud terrains and the x terrains they just dont seem to wear the greatest. My dad had a set of muds on his 2000 super duty, granted its a heavy truck, but the mechanic at work is real good about maintanence and I have been less than impressed with the way the procomps wear. They always seem to start cupping and wearing awkardly after half of the tread life is gone. Alignment has been good on all said trucks, tires at proper psi, and kept them rotated regularly. I havent had any personal experience with the all terrains, only the muds and x's. So I dont know, theyre cheap enough but try them out they might work alright for you. If tehy dont then dont buy them again.