Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jun 29, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey guys..

my dads looking for some tires for his 79 k-20. he said something about bridgstone desert dualers or something...i never heard of them or anything..but i was wondering what the scoop was on them. and also any other tires you think would be a good one. he does mostly all regualer road drivin so...just a little offroad..and then there is winter as well. i was thinking maybe all terrains or something?

Bryan- thanx

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

if you have a winter to worry about, i think i would go with some BFG all terrains, or maybe pro-comp mud terrains they're siped so they do better in the snow.

but what do i know, i live in vegas. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha yea..but naw are winters..we are lucky if we do get snow now. i dont know what happen snow just seems to get rarrer and rarrer it seems! but ones and a while we might get a little something. i might go look around the net a little..

thanx-Bryan

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I run pro-comp mudders, and they are the best tires I've used off road, they are about as good as Bfg AT's in most terain and great in the mud and snow. I've run the BFG's before and they work great when they are over half tread, once under that they might as well be street tires. Then of course are the sh!tty Chapparals that are real popular out here, they are too stiff walled for anything but the mud, and they don't even have the lugs for that /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well my dad wont need some big offroading tires..hes mostly alsways on the road hardly ever goes of really he just needs something with good tread and wears really slow.the tires he has on it are 10 years old..and still have lots of tread on them!! they wear like rocks..im not sure what they are though id have to ask him

Bryan

6. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Any good name AT should work, the desert duellers are prettly commom out here, my dad swears by them but wears them out pretty quick.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wear could i find a pic of one?

Bryan