Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TIRES???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZ85JIMMY, Jul 24, 2002.

1. AZ85JIMMY

AZ85JIMMY Newbie

I just bought an 85 jimmy with a 4" inch lift and im looking for tires that can take some off-road abuse but not too agressive tread because it will be a daily driver. Im looking at the baja claw radials or mud terrain's, what do u think? Also im looking to run 35's but i don't want to deal with fender trimming. Has anyone squeezed 35's with a 4" lift without the tires rubbing???

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Let's see..

Baja claws = SUCK!
    Bfg mudder's = Good choice!
    Seen alot of peeps go with 35's and 4" of lift. It can work unless you do some flexing.

3. Range Boy T

Range Boy T Registered Member

Go with the BFG Mudders. I have the AT's on mine for road tires. I had a 4" lift on mine. Most playing around i was good untill i really flexed the front then it rubbed. But some minor fender trimming would do the job.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have to disagree with you UseYourBlinker. I've had my Baja Claw radials for two years now and they're still not worn out, even with shot balljoints. My truck is a daily driver and they haven't failed me yet in sand or rocks. Now as far as mud goes, you might as well stop while you're ahead cuz these things don't grip for $h!t. Like they said, 35's will fit with minor trimmage.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Now as far as mud goes, you might as well stop while you're ahead cuz these things don't grip for $h!t.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's why I said they suck! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

35s will fit with 4" of lift so long as your sway bar is connected. I only rubbed mine (and procomp muds are very close to nominal size) when I went disconnected. Even with a flexy front end tho, a little trimming solves the rubbin' problem.

AFA tire brands go, IMO the best all around 37" and under off road tire is the MTR. I have ProComp muds, good on trails and rocks... and quiet on the road. MTRs are better than mine in mud.. a shade better on rocks too I bet... a little louder on road, but who cares. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Claws are over rated IMO, spendy to ain't they?

J