Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TIRES!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StiffRide81, Aug 27, 2002.

1. StiffRide81

StiffRide81 Registered Member

Anybody have an opinion on getting Goodyear Wrangle MT/R's
    I have heard from tons of people that they are good tires.
    Also, Do you think 33's on a k5 with a four inch lift will look too small????? One other thing.... WHERE can I find GREAT prices on those tires... most places are too expensive.. Tire Rack isnt bad... but I would like to find someone cheaper. Thanks.

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

1. i love mine.
    2. no...with a 3 inch lift i rub like crazy when flexing
    3. i when to 4 wheel parts and made them price match tirerack.com

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

MT-R's are about the best radial tires you can get.

IMO, 33's LOOK a little small on a 4" lift, but still RUB if you flex it up. Many people here run that combo, it's pretty popular.

4. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a set of 35s i bought localy unfourtunly their still in my bacement becouse Iam waiting for the other half of my 4in lift, which was ordered to me in mid may.but they sure smell good.

89 sub 350 tbi 31s /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I got 33's on my truck, hadnt had a chance to 'flex it up' yet cuz look at the interior pics lol, but anyway, in my opinion my 33's look a bit small on my 4" but to each his own. Pics of mine below.

6. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

hey my buddey has 4" with tsl's and looks kick A$$!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thats what i plan on running ...33's with a 4 inch...they might look a tad small..but if you are going to be doing a lot of flexing..35's would probobly come out to big..but if its going to be a pavement pounder..35's would probobly look pretty nice...all a matter of opinion i suppose..

Bryan

8. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

after a minor trim job i ran 36 tsls. im not going to tell you i didnt rub a little cause i did, but never enough that i said to myself " man i should have got the 33s".

9. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    I love them MT/R's!!!Go with 37's and cut away!!!LOL.No really I would go with the 35's and either "zero rates" and/or extended shackles in the front(maybe a little trimming).I think 33's look kinda on the small side with a 4" lift.Heck I think that 35/36's look small....go with 37's and don't look back!!Cut them til they don't rub!Remember your sawzall is your friend!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Too bad you don't live closer,I can get the 37's for under,dare I say,$150?!Mike

10. StiffRide81

StiffRide81 Registered Member

How much hacking away must be done for 37's... I really dont care all that much.. I would take some metal off. I just dont know where to do it!! I know on the edges of the wheel wells.. but what about inside??? I would love to see some pictures on how to cut them. I would love huge tires!!

11. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

to fit 37's with a 4" lift would require about the same amount of cutting as in the two links in my sig.

it is not for the faint of heart. that first cut hurts, then after a few beers, it gets easier. a sawzall, cut-off wheel, HD grinder and a sense of humor is a must.

And all tires look small. 33's will make u want 35's, 35's will begat 40's & 40's will begat 44's. After 44's you are boosting tires and rims of CAT tractors at your local construction site /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status