Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Redneck33, Jan 5, 2003.

1. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

i need some help, i am lookin for a tire that i can get in a 36 or 38 that will last a long time, i know that most of the time when u get up that big of a size than the tires dont last as long, does anybody know what tire i can get that will last a long time and comes in a 36 or 38? i was thinkin about Swamper Thornbirds, i just dont know how long they are normally good for. i'd appreciate some replys
    thanks
    K5redneck33 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Don't get thornbirds unless you plan on driving on the street all your life! I learned that, do a search, you'll see! They clog!

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Has to be 36 or a 38? What about 37? Goodyear MTR's you can get in a 37. Not the greatest mud tire, but a descent lasting radial. There's also the SSR, I know it last longer than a regular TSL, but not exactly sure how long.

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Well if you don't mind a narrow tire these tires will last a very long time. Look under offroad tires for the XL,XML and XZL. They are kinda pricey but are very good tires /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Try a TSL radial. You can get it in a 36x12.5 or 36x14.5 and the 38" TSL radial also comes in skinny or wide. Also look at the new TSL/STS and well as a Gumbo Mudder or Ground Hawg. There are plenty of bigger tires that will last...the question is how big and how agressive do you want?

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

you might wanna check into ground hawgs there pretty open but they are REALLY hard compound so they might wear a long time but I dont have them so im not real sure.

7. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine runs 38" ground hawg radials They seem to wear good and they work good off-road ride nice too for a large tire. I've thought about trying some parnelli jones dirt grips, but I haven't heard anything about them.