Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TIRES??????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1st timer, Dec 15, 2000.

1. 1st timer

1st timer Registered Member

can anyone tell me which is a good set of off road tires that are also good for everyday use what do u guys think about super swampers?

2. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Those are what alot of the guys here are running and I plan on getting them for my next set of tires.

blazen91
    Protect the land FOR the people
    <font color=red>Not FROM the people</font color=red>

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

the swampers arent supposed to be good for daily highwat driving less you like to replace them often.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I am running Swamper Radial TSL's right now....They have lasted about a year and a 1/2. I spend about 95 percent of the time on pavement. I have a couple of months left on them. I used to have BFG Mud Terrians, but I got tired of looking at the tread pattern, also on my Blazer they would wear weird. The Swampers run smooth, because of the softer rubber. I think I will get another set when I am done with these...

If it ain't a Chevy, don't raise it up!

5. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

right now im running kirkland brand 31" 10.5" all terrains and think that they are great. i was running the same size bfg ats and they made alot more noise and didnt provide as much traction on road. so far the kirklands are better in the rain, on the street, and in the mud. it hasent snowed in ny yet but ill let you know how they work when it does. also the kirklands are $79 mounted and ballanced and it would cost me $115 for the bfg's, thats a big difference when you do all four.

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I got 36x12.5x15 TSL radials two months ago and I'm nothing but happy with them. So far, I've had them in watery mud up to the headlights, and wet slippery rocks and they work great. They are also not to bad on the street either, the noise level isnt as loud as the bais TSLs I had on my J**p. I agree with ftn96, these arent the best tires for a daily truck unless you like buying new tires a lot. I dont drive my truck daily so its not a concern to me. I definetly recommend these tires.</font color=blue>

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I've got some BFG A/Ts and I like them. the yare wearing out and I will get some more A/Ts when they are done.

90K5