Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

title help...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by spongeidys, Feb 21, 2006.

1. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

my friend has had this 95 2wd s10 for close to 3 years now when he baught it there were some problems with the title....long story short his dad is now mia the original owner has the title and he has no way of getting it, he said hes gone thru lawyers and everything to try and get this thing registered and on the road but aparently nothing worked...

now hes in the marines and shipping out to hawaii for quite some time...and hes thinking of letting me just have it to see if i can get anything out of the title problem and get it changed over and on the road...now if this does go through what would i do to be able to get the truck title and get it on the road?

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

could do some kind of mechanic's lien to get the title.

first, id call the DMV, and say i have either come across an abandoned vehicle and i am checking the status on the title, to find the owner, or i have performed repair services on this vehicle and now the owner is mia, need to check on the title. when you find the status of the title, then you can proceed. just make sure it doesnt have a lien on it already.

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

4. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

in wisconsin we are able to get a title for someone elses car when we have a form filled out from the owner saying that i am able to have the new replacement title...