Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Titles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear76, Aug 4, 2006.

1. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Has anyone here purchased a truck off of Gov. Liquidators? All I see are no title or documention. How did you get your title?

Thanks.

2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i think that alot of people use them as parts trucks... d60 fronts... 4.56 gears...... or if you wanted to get a title I dont see why you couldnt go to the local dmv and tell them where you got it and say that you need a title.. they will tell you what form you need... there are people that get deuces and have to fillout special forms to register them... :wink1:

3. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

You should get paperwork with the vehicle. When I got an old car from DRMO they gave me paperwork with it (I believe it was an sf97 or something like that). Anyway I took it to my local DMV and they registered it and sent my title through the mail just like normal. Cost me 45.00.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Military vehicles have no title, but do have a VIN. Be sure to get the government's ownership form, called SF97, and bring that to the DMV with the vehicle; like any other out-of-state or, well, weird, paperwork, expect the DMV people to take a while to sort out that the VIN matches the form and that they can figure out what forms they need to fill out ... but I gather eventually it works out and they give you a regular title.

The CUCV's are easier as they have pretty normal VIN's ... my insurance people just think it's a 1985 Blazer... if it were an M35 or something you'd be in for fun, but then those have air-brakes and such.

-- A

5. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Most of the trucks I see say no SF97 or title.

6. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I found a guy who has a M1009 he is selling. He got it from Gov. Liq. The sf97 form is made out to Gov.Liq. not him. Is this how it works or he just BS'n around with me. Even if I cant get title, I'll most likely still buy the truck because its a great deal (it will most likely become a 91).

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If it says no title or SF97, its for parts only and can't be registered. If you have the SF 97, its no problem.

8. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

The SF97 is made out to Gov. Liquid. not the guy. Is this how it works?