Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To All Marines Past, Present, and Future:

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jarheadk5, Nov 10, 2000.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Today is the 225th birthday of our Corps, and I would like to say Happy Birthday to all of my fellow Marines. For 225 years, we have been there when the nation needed us to do whatever it was that needed to be done, and we will continue to be here, ready to do what needs to be done. Always remember the Marines who have gone before us, whose sacrifices have allowed us to live in this great land of ours. Remember the Marines of the present, who sacrifice so much to ensure the security of our home. Encourage the Marines of the future, because they ARE the future of our Corps.

Happy Birthday, Marines. Semper Fidelis.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I agree...
    I too would Like to extand my thanks to all the Good Men, and Women who serve this Great country day in and day out, without regard for their own lives.
    Thank You!

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

3. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

I too agree. Happy Birthday Corp from an ex marine. But I would like to THANK on this Veterans Day ALL men & women for everything. My familys Corp backround runs deep but please REMEMBER EVERYONE that has give all for this GREAT COUNTRY even in the times of termoil.

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Just like to express my great appretiation to all of you who serve, no matter which branch of the military. Thank you all!

5. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I too would like to express my thanks and gratitude to all men and women who have served or are still serving in the United States Military. You are the good people who protect our freedom, and you do a fine job of doing just that. I salute you.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

6. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Ah...excuse me. It is my underestanding that there are no ex-Marines...just former Marines. Once a Marine always a Marine. Happy Birthday to all...Semper Fi

Retired Captain, USMC

7. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Uhhhhh.....I didn't go to the ball, but I did celebrate our birthday like a true Marine. Loud, boysterous, and drunk at the barracks! Miramar always has good barracks parties for those of us who don't go to the birthday balls.
    Oh, and Eagle, the way I look at it, there are ex-Marines. Lee Harvey Oswald, was an ex-Marine. That dork in the belltower with the rifle at the Texas college in the 60's, he was an ex-Marine. That is an ex-Marine. Anyone who serves and then gets out honorably (or close to it, hey, we are Marines after all) is a former Marine.

Permanent Lance Corporal, USMC[​IMG]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

8. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

That "dork" in the bell tower had a brain tumor. So i still consider him a Marine, even though it was a tragic incident. I believe Oswald was Honorable Discharged, so that still makes him a Marine. I'm not sure that i believe discharge status is even an indicator of wether one is a Marine. Remember The title Marine is something that is earned and cannot be easliy be taken away. Anyway... Happy (belated) Birthday. Semper Fi. Erik