Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

to all of you in college.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75, Nov 17, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Well I finally screwed up, the community college I go to only allows 6 missed days..then your dropped.

Last week my gov lock in the 14 bolt went boom, so no I had no ride to school, the ride I did have was 30 minutes to late every day.

So I leave my first semester with alot learned, and 3 A's and 1 B that don't even count now, there goes my chance for getting into ASU's school of business too, as it is the list is a mile long and a minimum of a 3.7 or higher gpa get in /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

well I think I will get a second car now, my parents are going to think I am stupid for wasting my money for nothing too, hopfully I can get it right next semester /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

half of life is just showing up....good quote, but a little late /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Its not the end of the world, I'm sure that there are ways that you can work out going to ASU. I know that its easier said that done, but can you not just start over at spring semester and try again?

Good quote, I like it.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i think you should sue GM/eaton for that shatty ass govlock design.. mine went out on me on a night i was supposed to go see the g/f, before we started dating...ill tell ya what..im in for a lawsuit if you are...anyways bummer about your credits, have you contested it?

4. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

That's weak but it's not the end of the world. I'm taking classes at a community college and they wont transfer over to my regular college sjsu in time for me to register so I guess I'll have a lot of time to wrench on my ride in a few months! College will screw you left and right, keep that in mind. My first semester they had an error in their system and all of my classes were dropped, I had to start from scratch. I've got a million stories of college dicking me, but you just have to suck it up and deal with it. I'm sure you'll be fine, don't worry.

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Well look at it this way.. Next time around you can bring that B up to an A /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Thats a hell-of-a-lot better than I did in college /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Wow, if I could only miss 6 days I would have been kicked out of school too. I think I went to less than 6 of my english classes over two semesters /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Yes I aced both classes too /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Tested out of 101/102 and aced 103&104
    The classes I hated in high school I got the highest grades in in college. The classes I done well in in HS I had a hard time with in college /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif College is wierd but if you have the chance to go it was one of the best 4years of my life! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Now if I could just find a job with my degree /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    BS in Graphic Arts Mangement, Business Administration minor and all kinds of computer science and information technology type classes my last three or four sememsters (I finished my major and 90% of my minor in 5 semesters at 21 credit hours per semester, the remander of my 3 semesters I almost finished two other minors)

6. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Man that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif PVCC doesn't have any rules like that, but the teacher can drop you from a class if you don't show up 6 times. Hope everything works out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    best 4years of my life

[/ QUOTE ]

With curriculum now adays you'll be lucky to get out in 5 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

That sucks man. You will straighten everything out eventually. What college do you go to shawn?

Chris

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this is what ya get for not running a detroit in ur ff14b.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

10. supersize75

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

the detroit is comming in the next week or two for shure, I know it's not the end of the world, but is is another problem added to the list.

I go to chandler Gilbert and ASU east at the williams campus, life will be good, just got to stay in the lines more often in life /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The sad part is I was getting good grades /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    best 4years of my life

[/ QUOTE ]

With curriculum now adays you'll be lucky to get out in 5 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know. I graduated after summer semester in July 2000 (I didn't want to set threw the huge graduation at years end so I took 4 summer classes, the parents wanted me to do the graduation walk/stage/pic thing).

Most college semesters are 15-18 credit hours (3per class) anything over 18 is considered overload. I took on average 21 per semester (usually 4 day classes (M,W,F or Tues/Thurs) and 3 night classes mon,tues,wed nights). So I had 4.5 years (9 semesters) total

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

took 5 to get my BS. The way the PSU architecture program is setup, you cant finish it in less than 3 years, even if your dad is the head of the department. Studios have to be taken in turn, and taking them during the summer wont advance you any faster either... it just gives you the option of taking a term off during the year.

j

13. supersize75

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

so true, that makes one hell of an exspensive locker if you count the cost of school, not to mention waed time/gas /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif