Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To all of you who have done a sfa conversion

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by bigwishlist, Sep 4, 2002.

1. bigwishlist

bigwishlist Registered Member

I was looking where the front rear bracket goes and I think that my tranny linkage will be in the way. I have an auto tranny and it has a pivot point on the frame where the sfa bracket is suppost to go. I think Im not exacly sure. Has anyone ecle had this problem? Or know what Im talking about? Thanks

2. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

I kno exactly what your talking about.AAlthough i dont have this problem as im running an sm465,but i will say ive got header clearance problems with long style headers,hitting the front spring rear hangers!What length springs are you gonna use?I used the 52" factory rear springs from a 79 1/2 ton,which i thought would put me back far enough but it wasnt so i gotta get some shorty headers or go back to manifolds,no big deal............but the trucks finally sittin on the chevy dana60 front and it looks sweet.....

3. bigwishlist

bigwishlist Registered Member

Im running stock front blazer springs. And just thought about the clearance issues. Anyone have an answer to the clearance Q? I was told to move the tranny linkage to a new location after I put on the bracket

4. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

What brackets do you have? I used ORU brackets and didn't have any clearance issues.