Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To all those who have sacrificed in freedom's name......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

To all those who have sacrificed in freedom\'s name......

Today is the day we set aside a special moment to honor those who have fought for freedom. Some have lived and many have died while doing so. On this day, I challenge the CK5 brotherhood to remember the sacrifices generations before us made on our behalf. I also ask that you pause to think about the brave men and women who are, as we speak, defending freedom so that we may raise our families and live our lives in peace.

There are a few CK5ers who deserve recognition today. I only know of two myself- Rocko and 84 Chevy K10. Perhaps others can add to the list of Brothers who are off battling the forces of evil instead of accepting our gratitude on this day.

Once again, please take a moment and REMEMBER that our freedom has a price. Also keep in mind that others have paid the tab and continue to do so......

Nov. 11, 2002

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Re: To all those who have sacrificed in freedom\'s name......

Almost every male member of my family has been to war since the civil war.
    I was in the great oil war of 91 and now I look at my boys and wonder how long it will be untill I see them off.

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

amen brother, hats off to all the vets, vietnam-69-71 /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Thanks..... US Marines '89-'93

John

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

US Army, 1990-1995

6. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

yes canmore we do need to remember them and never forget the many men and women who have fought in the past and the ones who fight for our future. my father was in vietnam airforce as a pilot he got shot down over da nang and went POW then in 1975 they changed that to MIA, and in 1996 they finally changed it to KIA. i think of him everyday and hope and pray that he didn't get captured, it sounds terrible but i hope when his plane went down he died in the crash but know remains were ever found, we keep hoping they will find something but so far there has been no trace of him and his copilot. so my heart goes out to all the vets that are here on this board and elsewhere, i shed a tear for who have suffered from fighting for our freedom, and i cry for those who died for our freedom. for those at war now i pray god keeps you safe so you can come home to your family's and i thank god everday for the men and women in our armed forces and how lucky i am to live in a country like america. I thank god that most people now welcome our soldiers home from war instead of spitting on them like in the conflict of vietnam, i am glad my father didn't have to see how america treated those who fought for freedom and justice and i am glad times have finally changed so all of you get the respect you deserve!
    i finally got the strength and courage this year to go to the traveling vietnam wall to see my fathers name on that wall and for the first time i cried for my father, i cried for those that were lost. may you all stay safe and come home soon.

kelly

7. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

i saw that wall when it came through here, it broke my heart to see it /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

yeah i know what you mean, i just never had the courage to go see it, i didn't want to see my dads name there i think because it would of made it final you know. but now i am glad i did i was able to let go of alot of anger and pain and the vets i met there were just great, i had one come up and give me a hug and say he was sorry they tried to bring them all home! i felt sad for him, that he felt it was his fault that they were all missing and not home! i hope no future soldiers have to ever go through that kind of pain or survivor guilt.

kelly