Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To all warn hub owners: HELP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ArrowheadK5, Oct 17, 2001.

1. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, this mornig on the way home from the duck blind,
    the left hub (which tends to work its way from free to lock) begins to make these god-awful sounds. Grinding and crunching. Man, this pisses me off... Perhaps I will need new hubs? If I am lucky?
    Somebody has to have some insight...help...

Four wheel drive, four wheel expenses...

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Step one, CALL WARN! Tell them the problem and see if they can get you some new hubs.
    Step two, if you need a spare hub, let me know, I've got some old Mile Markers and some old Superwinch hubs laying around. I can send you one as a get by.

Warn has always been pretty good about getting stuff replaced if it gets trashed.

Go ahead and pull the outer piece off and look to see if you got some trash in there, if so, be careful that it's not going to tear up the shaft.

Good luck and let me know if I can help

Kyle
    89K5

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Make sure your Lock Nut, Drag sleeve reatainer washer, and Wheel bearing adjusting nut didn't back off. Mine did once and it ruined the spindle, hub, and bearings. Good luck.

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I have to agree with getting in touch with the company. I was missing some of the long allen screws when I bought my truck and sent an email to get a price on a couple of new ones. I got a package in the mail and it turned out to be two complete sets of screws. There wasn't a bill and when I called about the cost I was told they were sent out for free. Can't beat a deal like that, especially when I wasn't the one to buy the hubs in the first place!

Smitty

5. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

this happened to my jimmy. When i hit a bumb it started makeing a ratcheting niose scary as hell. I fixed it by taking it out and cleaning it. it was very disgusting and there was no grease left. Fixed it right away I also did my wheel bearings as i was takeing out the hubs.

6. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

Well, warn sent me some info, but I don't know what the stuff they say means. They seem to assume I have taken a hublock apart before...
    I took the thing off, (the six hex screws and then the cover), and I noticed that it smelled burned. But I don't know what it is supposed to look lke! I guess I should take off the other one to see what it is supposed to look like?
    PS, these parts you are naming, I don't know what they are, 'm sorry, I'm stll a beginner...is there a diagram somewhere onlie? Or better yet, does anyone have any pics of the inside of thir hublocks? :)
    Thanks a lot guys, you are all very helpful!
    --Tom

Four wheel drive, four wheel expenses...