Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

to buy or not to buy?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazerbob, Apr 22, 2000.

1. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

I found a blazer for sale today. A 78 with a rebuilt 350 and new turbo 350 trans. The body is shot. The quarterpanels are totally gone halfway up and the fenders and rockers are rotted also. The doors were replaced a while back and the bumpers are actually nice. He told me he wants $500 and he will throw in another blazer with a better body for parts. I didn't look at the other one cause it was up on the hill sitting on blocks and it was raining and the kids were with me. I know this is probably a good deal but my predictament is this. I already have my 83 and my 80 with the bad motor,trans and 4 wheel doesn't work. I was thinking about offering $250 for just the good drivetrain blazer and either switch the drivetrain to the 80 or change bodies. I also don't have a garage to work in. The guy also said someone had bought it already but never came to get it so he was going to call him and see what the story was and I am supposed to call him Weds. night to see. What should I do?

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    What ever you do, don't get them. Just give me the address and the guys phone number and I'll be more than happy to take care of the situation for you...

(damn, that sounds like a great deal...)

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

NOPE! better pass the phone # on to the club so one of us can jump on this great find.
    '77 K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

4. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

If I get both of them I'm sure to have lots of spare parts to share with everyone [​IMG][​IMG]

5. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

The motor and tranny alone are worth over $500 and plus you get the 2nd Blazer for parts let me tell you "that is one hell of a deal" jump on it or pass it on, I'll take one rear bumper from you just let me know.

keep blazin !!!

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Hey,

Let me know if you get it. I could be looking for some parts to buy from you. Especially some seats. Please let me know.
    L8r.

.Riz.

It's always fun till someone losses an eye....then it's just blind fun.

7. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Take the deal, use the summer to sweat your butt off switching everything, and then sell what you don't need in the fall so your wife(yes?) doesn't string you up. The salvage yard may be your best bet to sell rusted body parts, but if you trasport you should be able to get enough to pay for your time and a meal.

'73K5,SM465,NP205,33"BFG,4"TuffCountry,3.73:1diffs
    350.4bolt+mods,Warn8000#,Factory skidplates

8. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

I called the guy tonight and he said if I want them they are mine![​IMG] I am going down there saturday with $300 in my pocket to check it out. I just don't know where I can keep them. If you seen my other post about my 83, it is still not running[​IMG] I leave for work in the dark and get home in the dark so no time to work on it until this weekend. I won't be back on till Friday or Sat. cause I have to go to Erie to do a Vette windshield Thurs. I can't keep up with all of your post's[​IMG]

9. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

Well I ended up working all day today again so I didn't make it down to check out the Blazers. I called him to let him know I couldn't make it and he sounded upset. I told him I would be down tomorrow. Hopefully I can make it cause I haven't had a chance to get my 83 running. Advanced Auto said I had been given the wrong starter thats why it broke in only 2 weeks. Then the one they gave me tonight was the wrong one again so by the time I took it back it is now 10 and to late to put in. Will try again tomorrow!