Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To buy or not to buy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Krase, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Krase

Krase Registered Member

I went and looked a chevy short bed frame with a 6" rough country lift on it, the rear is a corporate 14 bolt with locker, and a dana 40 or 44 not sure right off hand, think he said it had 4.10 or 4.56 gears in it with 35" swampers on it with a bout half tread left, guys wants 1500 for whole thing, is this worth it? all axels have been rebuilt he says he was going to mount them under a scout but changed his mind. Wasnt sure if those two axles, lift and tires would be worth that, since most likely i would throw frame away or give it away

2. Krase

Krase Registered Member

I'll be the first to admit I am not very knowledgeable about these things that why I have come to you asking if this is a good deal, as I have already gone through a 10 bolt I would think this would help me out some, but was just wanting to get a couple of opinions before putting too much thought into it. As always thanks for anyhelp you can provide.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pass

4. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Rear axle w/locker = $300-450 if "rebuilt" correctly, D44 front - $200-400 if "rebuilt" correctly, 35" swampers with 1/2 tread = $200 tops, 6" RC lift = $200-300 used. $1500 for whole thing is high, offer $750 tops. You're the one taking all the risks with the "rebuilts", used tires and lift.

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I take it that it's just the frame, no driveshafts, no transfer case, transmission, motor... nothing?

If so, let him keep it. It'll still be there in a few months in which time you can offer him $1000 or less. Of course, unless someone is in dire need of those parts.

6. Krase

Krase Registered Member

ok thanks guys, i app the advice.

todd

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i just posted in the garage about a 1 ton truck in florida for 1700, has some other stuff on it aswell, that you could use or sell, i bet you could use the axles and sell the rest of the stuff and come off sittin real pretty, Tenn. isnt too terribly far from FL is it?