Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Feb 9, 2004.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I found a 73 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif for a old user of this board and he wants a better DD since he is building up his Stang /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. He has a ton of work in this thing to make it a strong rig. It is a 73 w/ 350 (less then 5000k crate motor) 4 sp man., 205, 4.10 44 & 12 bolt with a beefed up Eaton in the rear. Here is the list of all he has done. He has about $12k in the thing is just parts. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Flowmaster mufflers, Clevis hook, Highlift bumper attachment, Carb spacer, Skyjacker 2 inch, dropped Pitman arm, Alarm (microwave sensor, 4 sirens, batt backup etc.), Tailpipes, VDO Tachometer, Rubber floor mat, Fire extinguisher, 40,000lb. Keeper tow strap, Spare alternator, Front brake hoses (4 inch longer), Moog drag link, Gas tank hoses, Exhaust mid-pipes, New Dana 44 cover (stock), 1972 Blazer U-bolts, ORD swaybar disconnect kit, ORD 4 inch shackle flip, ORD greasable rear bushings, ORD greasable main eye kit, ORD swaybar bushing kit, ORD greasable HD front shackles (1/2 longer than stock), Battery strap, V-belts, Powermaster 140 amp alternator, Horns, ProComp 130 lights, GM battery tray/hanger, Gas tank service/parts/sender/straps/hoses/etc, Tuffy console, 60" Highlift cast jack, Radiator (lifetime warranty), Door seals, Tranny boot, T-case boot, Comp Cams pushrods, Bumper braces, Wheels & tires, L31 Vortec heads ,Rocker arms, Valve covers, Dash wiring repair/bulbs, Warn front winch bumper, Intake bolts/gaskets, Turnsignal switch, Vortec Edelbrock intake, Dynamat, Warn premium hubs, Grant steering wheel, Comp Cams Xtreme Energy cam, Oil Pump, valve springs, ProComp steering stabilizer, Superlift 2.5 inch front springs, ProComp ES3000 shocks, Hood brace kit, Brake & clutch pedal pads, Multiple switches!!!, Upper door weatherstripping, Door sill plates, MSD 6A, MSD coil, 1/0 & 2/0 battery cables, Custom PowerDrive rear shaft, Reverse halogen lights, Edelbrock 600 carb, Cap & rotor kit, K&N air filter, 350 4-bolt shortblock, ORD steering box brace, 4.09 Dana gears, Dana 44 carrier, New Dana 44 bearings/seals, Modified Eaton diff in 12 bolt, Moser axles in rear, ARP stud kit in rear, T/A diff. cover in rear w/main cap supports, US Gear 4.11 R&P set, All new bearings & seals in rear, New Grade 8 bolts for the rollcage, Four X Doctor front diff guard, Shifter handle, Thermal fan clutch, Seat upholstery, Door striker, Front cab mount, Inner rocker panel, Cab floor half, Footwell, Hardtop, Rear seat, Custom PowerDrive front shaft, Cloyes timing chain set, Water pump, Outer rocker panel, Door, Coolant hose, Front rotors & calipers, Window handles, Floor mats, Windshield, Fender, 3-Autogage gauge set, Motor mounts, CB & antenna

This is stuff he doesn’t have receipts for:
    Clutch, Tons of tranny & t-case bearings and seals, T-case yoke, Rear axle yoke, Heater core, Carpet, Rear seat cover, CD player/speakers, 1988 Blazer seats, Dash, Door panels, Seat belts front & rear, Extended diff breather for front axle, Spare starter, Spare hoses & belts

And TONS of other stuff I can't think of.

What do you all think about this rig???
    The body is OK condition he has had new front finders put on new rocker boxes and had part of the tub worked on. The rear fenders need to be up cut out and so does just be hind the rear tires. He is thinking that he will sell this for about $3500 to me since he and I go back to HIGH school.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifThanks for your input.

brett

2. WakeBoard&4X4er

Thanks for the input all! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

If that truck was near me and I had the cash for it, I would be all over it like stains on a mattress.

Kris

4. rocknh2o

rocknh2o Registered Member

Buy it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    you know you want a blazer not a heep /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Brett,

You know from building your own that this is a good deal. So, I'd say if you can swing it - go for it!

6. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

With all the money he has into it, it's worth it /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif The question is is that what you want? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. WakeBoard&4X4er

I think i am going to buy it, and sell the 33s and 2 inch lift that it has. put my 4 inch springs on it and 35s.

just had to give you all a hard time... for not posting!

hahaha

just needed a push.

8. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm, I might just buy it before you can, I know you like that /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Jump on it Brett, I would if I was looking for another rig, sounds like a good deal if the money is right. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. WakeBoard&4X4er

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif dont pull a /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif on me /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif.

i know this guy will not sell it to anybody till i tell him i do not want it.

thanks!

brett

10. rocknh2o

rocknh2o Registered Member

Push /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifpuuuuuuush /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like a real good deal /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifHows the body on it?

12. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I have seen pics it is just as crappy looking as his old one was. He hasn't even got it yet and I already have to work on getting the old lift off and get the new one on with the 35"s. LOL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. WakeBoard&4X4er

Looks like i will be back in a K5 soon! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

the wife is OKed the buying of a different K5 /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif since i have sold the parts off mine for more then i am getting this other one for. It will not look half or 1/4 as nice as my 91 but... we cant have it all /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif. I will get pics of it when i get her home.