Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To Center Drop or Not, Thats the question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5er4Life, Feb 21, 2006.

1. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I have 52's up front, with crossover/highsteer...I am wondering what some of you guys are doing for your front brake lines. I am going to have some lines made for me and I was thinking what would be some advantages or disadvantages to doing center drop up front. I was thinking that maybe the bumpstops might pinch the lines or possibly allow the lines to hang down too low and hang up on something. But on the up side I wouldnt have to run such a long line and have it hit the tire or get into soemthing. Also just for clearance reasons I will have hydro assist, I dont think the 2 lines will interfere but just trying to come up with ideas as to why it is or is not done.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

center drop the front, then you can have one longer front flex line at the center that isnt neer as long as it would have to be at the ends. the people i have seen running it have zero clearance issues. it is in the plance for my blazer as well. well worth it in my eyes.

only drawback i see is you now also haveto have a couple of short flex lines at each caliper. not a huge deal if everything is braided.
    Grant

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Everything definitely will be braided. Does anyone have any pics of this setup? Should I run the two lines together with a tee at the crossmember near the proprtioning valve? Theres a place called Mr. Hose that can do any types of hoses, and theyre pretty cheap. I figured a little bit of hard line, have 3 hoses made up, make some brackets and I am all setup. However, I am a little worried that a hydro assist on my highsteer might have some contact issues.