Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

to chop or not to chop- 72 blazer unmolested!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ugly, Oct 26, 2004.

1. ugly

ugly 1/2 ton status

My buddy is looking at a stock 72 blazer that is near perfect. origional motor/trans with matching serial numbers. origional interior in good condition. The owner is the son of the origional purchaser. He has repaired all of the rust, and painted it 4 years ago. the motor was rebuilt 100,000k ago (tired?). He says the hard top has never been removed. All in all a very nice truck.

The guy is asking $7500.00. My budy is looking to lift and customize. He is not a hard corp wheeler.

What do you think of lifting and customizing an otherwise perfect stock Blazer? Do you think the price is too high?

thanks for the thoughts!

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I think that's pretty high for a relatively unrestored '72 with no high $$ mods. If it had no rust ever, maybe close to that.

Thanks for the seats by the way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif hope your trip went well. I'm looking at getting those seats in this weekend and taking her out to the desert for some muddy fun.

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I am of the opinion that since there were only roughly 40k of the 72 made over 30 years ago that heavily modifying one that is otherwise in good shape is damn near a crime against nature. If you find one thats all shitty rusty and otherwise boogered up, then by all means, cut away... otherwise you can fit a 4" lift and 33's and maybe 35's inder the stock fenders without any trimming.

as for the price... if its truly stock and in near perfect shape its probably worth the $$. again, there werent that many made and that was over 30 years ago.

-Ryan

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Buy it, then make it cherry with 33s & minamal lift. Clean and scrub, toss a crate 350 in it, turn around and list it for $12,000 on ebay and now your bud has 12 grand to build whatever he wants /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds a bit high. I picked mine up for $5k with a hot 350, 4"lift 33's and some rust but pretty good paint..

6. chevy_muscle

chevy_muscle 1/2 ton status

It would be a crime to un-stock a nice Blazer like that./forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

I suggest he just passes on this one.... or buy it for an investment.

Survivors are going to be at a primium as so many have been modified or wrecked over the years.