Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

to CV or not to CV?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Mar 22, 2005.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Hi all I am trying to figure out what to do for my rear driveshaft. I have a 79 blazer with a shackle flip for a total of 4" of lift. I have 6.5" travel up and 7 down for a total of 13.5". I have tried different shims to get a good angle on the rear axle i now have the pinion set at 4 deg. I tried installing the stock driveshaft just to get it to the exhaust shop but found the driveshaft to be too short by .5" to even bolt up so now I am forced to go ahead and get the good shaft. I am trying to decide on arizona drivelines driveshafts. The first is a standard style drive shaft with a long spline yoke ($245) or a CV style with a long spline ($350 plus $79 for transfer cv style output shaft). Because of the price I am leaning to long spline no cv, but dont know if this will bind. Which do you guys think would be the best option?

Thanks

2. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

cv all the way, i just put one on mine and no more vibrations and i was able to get rid of my transfer case spacers.