Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To do a 1inch body lift or not.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87GMCJimmy, Mar 5, 2002.

1. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm replacing the drive train on my Jimmy and in the process pulled the radiator support out. The stock rubber body mount bushings looked like crap and the bolts where severly rusted. I thought this was weird because the rest of the truck is pretty much rust free, but anyway onto the point. I'm going to replace the body mounts with poly and considering the ORD 1 inch lift. Are there any other modifications that require the 1 inch body lift, such as installing a doubler? Are there other performance modifications that you can make only after installing the body lift?

Thanks
    Mike

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

No worries! Install it and go! Combine it with your 4" lift and you could run 33's w/out rubbing. You could run 35's on an 8" wheel if you don't wheel too hard, but you may have to trim the front fenders a bit.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I'm going to replace my bushing's,and also install the 1"body lift. Might as well do it while your under there. I got the lift,but still need to order the bushing's /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Grimmy,and Steve are doing a write-up as we speak. On the install of the body lift and bushings. One mod is adjusting the linkage for the tranny.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Consider a 3". If you're going to body lift it, you might as well go the whole 3".

5. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I did it. I'd reccomend it. Be sure to check out my post: "Just finished lifting the body". You may find it very helpul.

6. Big Muddy K20

Big Muddy K20 Registered Member

I contemplating a body lift when I get my 39's, I'm no stranger to the sawzall but I think they might fit a little better with the body lift, I'm in the process of making new inner fenderwells that go all the way to the cab and almost up to the hood so I can stuff the tires and still keep my motor kinda clean