Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To Keep or Not To Keep

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Help me out here, y'all... Here's the story first:

I bought two of those yellow ribbon decals that say "support our troops" and had them on the back of my Explorer... One night at work, some worthless bastard stole one of them. I don't know who, but needless to say I was quite pissed off... So I was telling the night auditor about it because I wanted to tell someone and I knew she'd be willing to listen and be pissed off too... She said she might have one, and if I wanted it she'd just give it to me...

Last Wednesday night, some kids came into the hotel around 3 AM and broke into the ice cream room, trashed it, and got ice cream everywhere... The auditor, the badass that she is, told the other person working to call the cops, and she went out and took down the license plate number of the only car in the parking lot, which turned out to be their car.

On Thursday morning, the auditor handed me two of the ribbon decals... A yellow one like the one that was stolen, and one of the red white and blue ones... Very nice, I was very happy and thanked her a bunch... Then she says, "Don't thank me, thank the bastards that broke into the ice cream room, they came off their cars."

Needless to say, I was quite shocked, to think that this person would be perfectly fine with stealing something, and then expect ME to be fine with using stolen items. Granted, if she had kept her mouth shut and just said it was a gift or something that she didn't want, I would have the decals on my truck right now...

With my standards and high morals, there's no way I can bring myself to putting the decals on my truck knowing they're stolen. They've stayed in my planner since the day I got them... I don't know what to do with them... I don't want to look ungrateful or anything by giving them back to her, but at the same time, I hate the thought that I'm carrying around stuff that doesn't belong to me. I'm sure they're just as pissed off as I was when I found my decals missing... I don't want to call the cops and have them deliver the decals to the rightful owners, it may risk getting the auditor in trouble. Wrong as it was, she meant well... So I'm stuck with these decals. I don't know whose they are, I just know they're stolen and I can't use them on my truck or carry them with me anymore...

Any tips? I'm stuck with this one /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If it was me, I wouldn't keep them... although I am the kind of guy that doesn't like getting into trouble with the law... not saying that will happen. I just wouldn't take the chance since they are "stolen" goods.

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

what does it matter, they broke in and vandalized the establishment and caused more damage than the fairly inexpensive decals. I wouldn't worry about it and just use them.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah but if what I know of vandalizing kids stays true it wasn't their car it was mommy or daddy's. We had a bunch of kids trash the mailbox at our rental property with newspapers (launch a bundle out of the back of a pickup truck sometime it makes a mess and does the damage). Idiots drop a #$%^load of business cards for their dad's horse business. They happened to be tooling around in his pickup /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Burn the decals to appease the spirits of honesty, kill the kide, paint the decals on with thier blood

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

The yellow one is yours ya dummy.... Take the red white and blue one as payment on the rental of yours for the night. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

id take the yellow one and then put the red white and blue one in the ice cream room /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Got it taken care of... I gave them to my friend who doesn't have seemingly any integrity or morals at all... Ironically he's in the Air Force with me, his zero week at BMT is going to be my graduation week...

So I guess the dilemma is more or less solved... I still don't like the idea of them being used on a vehicle other than their rightful owners, but they're not in my posession and if anyone asks I will deny all knowledge of them...