Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To kick it off

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TX Mudder, Mar 5, 2002.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

What do you guys think about a 6" susp. lift and 35" tires?
    I have been really wanting the 37" SSRs but they are more expensive and I think they'll hit the fenders. Body lift is out and so is hacking the fenders - just put two new Goodmark fenders on.
    -- Mike

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Forgot to mention I have the ORD front shackle for extra 1/2" front lift.
    If absolutely needed, I could go for a 1" body lift or 1" zero-rate. I'm happy with the height at 6" give or take.
    I'd probably go for 35-12.5-15 Pro Comp Mud because I'm cheap. 4WPW is bound to have a buy 3 get 1 sooner or later.
    -- Mike

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think you would be fine, I used to have a 4" lift with 35's, it rubbed a little but with 6" you should be fine with no trimming.

4. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I run a 6in BDS all spring and ORD shackles to clear the 37 SSR's...with daily driving and curb hopping you'll be fine, but when you start offroading and bounce around, thats when you'll start re-doing sheetmetal...ending up measuring 8.5 inches from the door and cutting to the top of the wheel well, sorta like the UAV, its plenty to clear the meats.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm about to throw 35's on with a 4 inch lift. Depdog is clearing 36's on 10 inch rims. He has done a lot of cutting to do it.
    I scrub 32's now on 8 inch factory rally's but it's hitting up where the two bolts are that hold the inner fender to the fire wall. It just touches enough to scrub the dirt off and make a pop on the heads of the bolts. THis is when I get full lock on the steering.
    I'm trying something different to address the clearence issue. I am cut back flush to the inner fender and hoping not to need to cut anymore. I did a one inch ORD body lift and going to move the front axle forward 1 inch with the ORD Zero rate offset Add-A-Leafs. We will see how that does. I'll be running 10 inch wide rims with 4 inch offset.

6. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

well, i'm running 4" lift and 38" tires..... some trimming required i guess...

:haha: is there a smiley with a long beard and white hair? not santa...