Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

to lift or not?? I need suggestions!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cajun72blazer, Jun 30, 2004.

1. cajun72blazer

cajun72blazer Registered Member

Guys, I need your help or suggestions.
    Here is the current situation.
    Front: Worn stock 2 leaf front springs and very worn bushings Rear: Worn stock 6 leaf 2nd gen springs with a 2" block and worn bushing
    Rancho 9000x and 32x11.5x15 on all four corners
    I use the Blazer as a daily driver and tow a 1500lb boat on some weekends. Very limited and mild off road use.

I am wanting to replace the spring and bushing on all four corners, but want to keep the ride a comfortable as possible since it is a daily driver.
    I want to replace springs and bushings on all four corners. I am thinking about using a 2" TC lift kit and possible upgrading to 33x12.5, but I am worried about ride comfort or if I should just buy new factory style springs and stay with 32s.
    Help comments or suggestions would be helpful.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    Current photos: http://home.comcast.net/~blakesara/K5Photos.htm

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I would go for it if I were you. Lift it.

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Lift it but get some soft springs like Skyjacker ezrides. Ive heard BDS makes soft springs but I dont know if thats true.

Nick

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Figure out how you want it too sit, as far as how high or low. Then when you buy new springs the smoother less stiff spring pack will have alot of leafs too them. The less leafs the stiffer the ride. Also get a spring pack that uses teflon inserts between each leaf. I used SuperLift, they have a softer rideing springpack and a stiffer one too.
    If I was towing I would try to not use lift blocks, that rear is gonna torque up quite a bit with blocks.
    Oh and rember that the rear of a Blazer is much heavier than the rear of a PickUp. Most spring pack makers make their packs to PickUp weight specs. I run 4"lift in the front and 5 1/2" lift in the rear and I sit level with a hardtop on. With my hard top off(allways) my rig sits a tiny bit higher in the rear. I like it this way, better than a saggy butt /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Good luck