Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

to lift or not to lift...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5redneck, Nov 20, 2004.

1. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

that is my question? my 74 has been a good to me so far as a dd and i have been thinking of just keeping it the way it is
    [​IMG]

its running 33's and im not wanting to go bigger because i dont want to regear. but on the other hand i have all of the stuff to do the lift. so what do u guys think keep it stock or lift it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

if your already running 33's a soft ride 4" will make it look the part and put some air between the ground (rocks) and your frame but more idealy your soft rockerpanels i recomend you lift it

id say thats my 2 cents but my last 2 cents got sucked up by my K5 long ago

willow /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I say don't mess with it. If it is doing fine don't f-it up. That is what I decided with my CJ5. It runs fine and drives fine so don't mess with it. Mess with the K5 to make it the offroad toy and leave my Jeep alone. I suggest you do the same with you truck and mess with the 75 since it is already pretty wasted as a DD. Leave the DD alone so you know you can get to and from work or whereever whenever you want.

Harley

4. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

well the lift springs i have for it are skyjacker 4 inch soft ride and i liked them but i have been thinking.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

im not useing the 74 for 4 wheeling any more so i dont think i will be smaking rockers anymore that and i have allways had problems with keeping u-joints good under my last dd blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif