Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To lift or not to lift?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5james, Nov 30, 2004.

1. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I'm starting to lean towards selling my first gen so I can buy a /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif 95 Bronco /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and build it into the prerunner I want. My question is, do you think it would be easier to sell with a lift kit and some 35's or at stock height? I'm thinking lifted would be easier to sell to some young kid that wants to look cool, but stock would pretty much appeal to everyone. What do you guys think?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How stock is it ?? 100% stock and in good condition would be worth more to a collecter, but if it's already modded, go for the lift. I'm pretty torn when it comes to the first gens. I love the look of them lifted with 35's or larger, but being a collector's item, that dollor value is something too think about also.

3. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's already been modded it's not a numbers matcher or anything. I know if I lift it I won't be able to get that money back out of it but it should sell quite a bit easier.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, before you do anything, you might want too list it in the for sale forum here on Ck5. Don't forget too post lots of pictures.

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i'd say lift it. do a basic, well-done lift and sell it, i'd imagine that if it doesnt qualify for scary steering or use I-beams as lift blocks, you could sell it and get a decent price.

oh, and be careful with that TTB front end. my buddy has a 94 F-150, 6" on 35s and he tore the engine crossmember or whatever the thing is called where the TTB mounts to. that truck was slow as hell and he drove it like a grandma most of the time, so it wasnt from operator error.... choose wisely in your suspension mods /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'm going to go with one of the long travel kits produced by one of the many fab shops in the socal area. I think it will be a lot more reliable than if I had tried to make my Blazer do what I want to do.

7. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

How much u looking to get for the first gen? I would liek to have one.

Nick