Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TO MUCH BASS!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, May 26, 2004.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I have a 94 Sub that I put a punch 60IX (Old school) and two punch 15s (not sure model but I think they where 175 or so new each). With just the 60 my CDs are skipping. I have a punch 200IX (old school) that I was going to use but I think it will be over kill since the 60 is make the CD player skip and I would have to pull the 8g and run all new 4g for it.. Other then turning it down how do I get it from skipping!

So if some out there is looking for a 200IX (Rockford Fosgate DMS) I might sell it for the right price with some 4g wire and AGU fuse holder.

Brett

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

How old (school) is the deck?

I have never heard of a deck that skipped because of bass....I am more apt to believe that maybe the deck is old and having trouble tracking anyway, or maybe it's loosely mounted in the dash and able to vibrate the disks a lot more than normal.....

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

The CD player is a Kenwood something... I will have to look at it to tell you. But if i play the CD at a lower vol no skipping.

Brett

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I have one of those Exact oval 200 ix's. How much you want for it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. WakeBoard&4X4er

PM /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Something is wrong with the deck then, i have 2 15" Kicker CompVR's with only 100 watts going to each (they are capable of 900ea.) and mine will shake every body panel, door panel, window, it even flexes the rear quarter windows on the burb, mine has never skipped due to this.

Wondering though about a possible power drain, do you have correct wire size and seperate between the amp and deck?

7. kw48653

kw48653 Registered Member

i have 2 kenwood decks (what was i thinking), and they both cut out at high volume when the bass starts pumping. with one, it cuts only the bass. on the other, the whole thing cuts out. i figured i had screwed something up in the installs, but maybe the kenwoods just suck!

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The cutting out sounds like an undersized power wire

9. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i have 2 kenwood decks (what was i thinking), and they both cut out at high volume when the bass starts pumping. with one, it cuts only the bass. on the other, the whole thing cuts out. i figured i had screwed something up in the installs, but maybe the kenwoods just suck!

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe your opinion of Kenwood to be accurate. My friend had a Kenwood that skipped and he thought it was cool because he had too much bass. We put one of my JVC's in there and it never skipped, and it sounded better also. Many people run a lot more than 2 15's and don't have any problem skipping. As stated before make sure it is mounted very solid or it will skip.

[ QUOTE ]
    The CD player is a Kenwood something... I will have to look at it to tell you. But if i play the CD at a lower vol no skipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because at the lower volume it can read the disk ok

10. blaznjon

blaznjon 1/2 ton status

adjust the input sensitivity on the amp.Alot of kenwoods have realy low output voltage.Jon

11. WakeBoard&4X4er

Thanks for the INPUT all, The amp is set kind of low. I think i will just put the 4g in and run the 60 to this highs and the 200 to the subs