Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To people who own Can Backs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86blazerk5, May 9, 2001.

1. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

A few questions
    1) What is the real difference between the Can Back, and the Pacyderm. Is it just the fram stregth, it says one can hold 350 ponds, and one can hold 200 punds.

2) Is it 150 dollars extra for the side windows? The order thing on the web sit is unlcear.

3)How much was shipping and handleing for you?

4) Which version of the top did you buy, and what was your final cost?\

Any help is appreciated, much to my dismay, the can back soft tops are still available for the 79 to 91 blazers.

Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

1)The only diff between the Can-Back and the Pacyderm is that the Pacyderm frame is made from stainless steel and can suport 350 pounds on a roof rack while the Can-back is made from steel and only suports 200 pounds.
    2)Yes, 150 bones for the side windows.
    3)Don't remember, it came UPS though.
    4)Did you see my review on the product review page?
    Are they makeing the tops for Blazers again, my understanding was that they discontinued them.
    Just my opinion the Can-backs are awesome quality and I love mine.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. 86blazerk5

Yeah, I read your wriet up, and i vistied there web site and evrything. i am reserching it verry carefully. i always wanted a skyler, but dont feel like waiting for them to sell over to there new company if that happens at all, i have been having great difficulty hearing back from them lately. But I love the Can-Backs look, and they seem to be of great quailty, i just cant decide if I want to shell out that much or not. i got the price from them Can-Back in an e-mail today. To my door for $1140. And that is for the cheaper version. Ouch!
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

4. 86blazerk5

Oh, and Steve, or who ever can answer this question, I had another question also, what exactly comes with the roll up kit. I know what it allows you to do, but what all are you actually getting for that 30 extra dollars?
    Thanks
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You just get two sticks wrapped in canvas, ask Charlie and maybe he will throw them in with the top.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers