Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To sell or not to sell?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by imiceman44, Sep 27, 2006.

1. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Aug 5, 2002
    Hey guys
    I have a bunch of engines and crap and I am trying to reduce by selling the valuable stuff.
    I have a couple of rebuildable 6.2 engines complete, I have one block AMC 6.2 599 series that is already prepped cleaned up, new freeze plugs, with a good crank and a rebuilt IP, no heads, and I have a Banks turbo kit used in good condition.
    I also have a rebuilt not ran yet 6.2 with a banks turbo that I could sell now for $1500 to a friend. It's an 83 block.
    Should I sell it now and when I want the engine which could be a year or more from now, I could rebuild the 599 block and maybe even bore it out to 6.5l and have a rebuilt that I can trust because I rebuilt it.
    Or you think I should keep the rebuilt even though I didn't do the rebuild, just bought it as is.
    I know to rebuild will cost more than what i am selling it for but I am already making money on it.
    My question probably is to the people here that have rebuilt their engines, what would you do?
  2. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Jan 13, 2006
    I don't think you need to bore, just swap heads.......Then IPs, fuel lines, and salt to taste.;)
  3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

May 5, 2001
    I vote - sell, then rebuild yourself.