Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

to sell or not to sell

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by slodawg, May 17, 2000.

1. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

What is a descent price for a factory tire carrier.At least I think its factory.(attached pic) Ive got one on my old parts truck and got a few people wantin it but owning 4x4's can be expensive and dont want to cheat nobody. Its used but just needs painted the chrome strip on the tailgate goes with it. Any suggestions will help us both.
    Thanx,slodawg....aint no feelin like k5 mobilin

2. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

I don't know what it would be worth but I'd definitely be interested in it. I'm sure somebody got to ya before me but if they end up not taking it or something, let me know.

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Thats not factory. Thats made by Valley industries. They also make one that accepts a Jerry can. I have the Jerry can model on my 79. New for that is $168 from J.C. Whitney. It works all right but the latch is hokey and NEVER slam it. You will bend the gate. Have to ease that thing shut and lift the latch handle. My Jerry can model I may sell at the end of the year (I'll post it then so don't flood me with bids) when I redo my Wifes 79. She's tiny and the carrier is to much for her to manage so I'm going to build a new one that can be operated one handed.
    The factory unit has cast aluminum brakets where it bolts to the body. AZ blazer or Waxer has one and maybe the have a picture poseted somewhere that you can look at.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I recall seeing one at the local 4x4 shop here a few years back and it was around 150 bucks back then.