Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To sell or not to sell.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OLDSTEEL, Jan 20, 2004.

1. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

My wife has been bugging me to get rid of my 74 because she sees it as a money pit, she said she would buy off on me selling it and then buying a newer one, like an 85 plus. What would you do? I love my 74. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

AALLLL women see our trucks as money pits. They are for the most part but hey...they are because we enjoy it. Am I right? Women just don't understand but that is just plain normal. I don't understand accessorizing and needing 2 million pairs of shoes though either, so I guess it goes both ways. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Keep it if thats what you wan't and let her know that thats final in a suddle way. If you can. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

full removable top ? NO WAY I WOULD SELL IT ! not even for a newer one.besides would you really get out what you have in it ?

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I seceond what big K5 said. I doubt you would be able to get what you have into your truck out of it. Not only that, but when you find a suitable replacement, how much are you going to spend making it the way you want it, on top of the initial buy in? Plus, how can the full convertable be denied?

Kris

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Just keep telling her it's almost done. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Remind her they don't make 'em like this anymore, and see how far that gets you. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Keep it!! Tell her that she is a monepit too, but under no circumstances does that mean you want to get rid of her /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif....................................No don't say that it doesnt work /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Tell ya what. I'll meet ya in Yuma and we'll trade. My 76 (it's newer!!!) for your 74 and we'll call it even. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif What'dya think?? We got a deal??? huh huh huh??? Allright I know, no.

Such is life. Good luck to ya in keepin your toy!!

Allan

8. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    full removable top ? NO WAY I WOULD SELL IT ! not even for a newer one.besides would you really get out what you have in it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they stopped making the full removable tops in 72'? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. Dandwg

Dandwg 1/2 ton status

DO NOT SELL /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    I was asking the same thing awhile back, still hitting myself in the head for even thinking it.
    Make out with the women in the truck, she will like it better /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought they stopped making the full removable tops in 72'? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

last year was '75

[ QUOTE ]
    MOST women see our trucks as money pits. They are for the most part but hey...they are because we enjoy it. Am I right? MOST Women just don't understand but that is just plain normal. I don't understand accessorizing and needing 2 million pairs of shoes though either, so I guess it goes both ways. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Keep it if thats what you wan't and let her know that thats final in a suddle way. If you can. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for you, we've got female members on here too!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

and YES KEEP IT!!!!

Rick

11. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I say keep it! The older ones are getting rare and are worth more money (hint, hint)

12. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

You'll regret getting rid of any truck that you care for at all! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

last year was '75

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    Man do I feel like a poser.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Some women for some reason feel that if your not kissing their butt that they have compitition. In atuality it's insecurity on their part.
    The truck for a lot of these women might as well have a rack and I don't mean a Con Ferr. But a small part of their brain goes "that's stupid because it's a truck not a women". Reguardless they are still jelous of anything that brings you joy that isn't them and the reaction is to get rid of it and the compitition.

The reality of this is it generates bitterness in the man when his S.O. doesn't suport or tolerate a guys hobby truck/toy. In her attempt to make herself the only soruce of joy to you she is in actuality driving you away.

Feel free to share.

Hay there is a VERY funny postover at the 67-72 board titled "My wife left Me" and you open it up and he's laughing because she left the truck he had bought her. It's sounds like he ended up with the good end of the stick on that one.

15. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ohhh yeah there is only 2 things better then a topless 73-75 K5 (or a 76 up that has been converted)
    1. a restfree 73-75
    2. a rust free 69-72

16. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ohhh yeah there is only 2 things better then a topless 73-75 K5 (or a 76 up that has been converted)
    1. a restfree 73-75
    2. a rust free 69-72

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Hide yours in storage, and have an affair with the blazer, dont drink for a year and use the savings to buy a 87 fi blazer....then cut the top off and make it a full convertable...then when you are done 10 years down the line and still have your first blazer that you have had the secret affair with, take it out of storage and convince your wife she is dilusional if she ask why there is two in the front yard. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

say "I sold that 10 years ago, you crazy!"

or I bought it for just a few hundred at the swap mart!

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif...I am wierd /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif