Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To Spank a Child or Not

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cricket, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Tough Love vs. Spanking

Most of America's populace thinks it very improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control our kids when they have one of "those moments".

One that I found very effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our little car ride together.

I've included the photo below of one of my sessions, with our son, in case you would like to use the technique.

Its very effective!

x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

is it just me or not. when all the bad kid problems started it was for some reason about the same time as no spanky the a$$ any more time. spanky only if last resort.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

oh ya i forgot REPOST BUDDY:laugh:

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Repost? Ah Crap. I've joined the ranks of rehash.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Spanking is a tuff issue with all the false child abuce reports anymore. My father spanked when we deserved it and I'm glad he did. It taught us respect.

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Spank 'em...worked on me and I deserved everyone I got....And I think my kids agree that they deseve the ones they get too...Although I've yet to break out the belt.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

8. grindkings

grindkings 1/2 ton status

I know my father took the belt to my ass several times.

9. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

maybe why the kids mind me than thier mother? Not just the spanking, just that they know what to expect for what is done wrong. They do not get this from thier mother. When she is not at home they are different kids. They respect thier limits.

10. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Though I do not have children, I believe in a good spanking. It was done to me and it worked. If a kid knows that if they are bad all they have to do is sit in the corner or something like that, they weigh the options and decide to do it anyway. Now, instill the fear of god in them with a good spanking they will be less likely to disobey. Well, at least be more careful not to get caught! Too bad with all these child abuse cases nowadays. Spank your kid = visit from child services.

11. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Spanking is like so many other things. Moderation is best. If it is done too much it looses its effectiveness.

I don't think my parents spanked me too much, but I can remember the last time I was spanked and how I had to try very hard not to laugh.

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I got hit with shovels

It was awesome!

13. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I guess I'm old school. I got a spanking on a regular basis. Thought that's how discipline was done-worked pretty good. My philosophy is simple: first you teach the kids NOT to do something, then you teach them why. Unfortunately, the fear of physical pain is a strong motivator, even in adults. The tough part for the parent is staying in control and not turning a spanking into a beating. That's what gets all the bad press, as it should. I have a good friend who just retired from DHS, and at least here, they are able to distinguish between a spanking and child abuse.

14. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Bible (God) says "spare the rod, hate the child". Spanking is a good thing. My parents spanked me, and when they did, it was because I deserved it. They also showed me unconditional love. BOTH are required to raise a child.

15. google

google 1/2 ton status

I agree. That is one of the reasons me and my wife seperated. I believe in spanking very much. BUT, when I do it, I make sure I am not angery. I make sure that I am doing it for the proper reasons. If I am angery at my kid, I walk away and let someone else spank him (it's nice that I have that option) My wife on the other hand was getting angery and BEATING the kids. That's is one reason we are seperated and I have my son. There is a difference in spanking and beating. If you are angery and using that in the spanking.... you are beating....

16. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yep, I spanked my kids. They have become well behaved children. I haven't had to spank either in a very long time. My son is eight, and my daughter is eleven.

John

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Spare the rod,spoil the child!

The Bilble is right!...kids now are spoiled rotten,and their behavior is deplorable compared to the days of old when you actually COULD spank them and not get arrested or have them taken away rom you..

My dad spanked us when we deserved it--and we learned fast the difference between right and wrong!..we even got the belt,and a yardstick cracked over our butts if we really screwed up!..but we were never "abused" or beaten badly--just enough to hurt our feelings,and make our asses sore long enough so we didn't forget too quickly to behave!..none of us grew up to a life of crime,have ever been arrested,or caused anyone any harm or greif..

Like Holly Dunn's "Daddys Hands" song says.."Daddy's hands weren't always gentle,but I've come to understand...there was always LOVE in Daddy's hands.."...I think a LOT of kids need a good whippin nowadays!--BEFORE they grow up to be robbers,rapists,or drug addicts,or prostitutes.. :crazy:

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I have a numerology based theory about authority now that I have people working under me

First you ask, then you tell, then you force

19. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I agree with a good butt whoopin. When I was a kid I used to get my ASS whooped. Even in school from Elementary to Highschool they hit us with wooden paddles. Thinking on it now it seems a little extreme, hitting with a paddle.

My Step Dad would spank me with a belt with my pants pulled down which wasn't No joke. It definetly put the fear in me. He would tell me before why he was doing it and because he loved me. Then afterward he would treat me as if nothing had happened with no grudges.

My wife watches this Super Nanny show and thinks time outs work well. My 3 year old is a holy FN terror. Sometimes I lose it and whoop his butt with my hand and it sets him straight.

Time outs work most of the time.

The others are when you put the fear into them. :D

20. google

google 1/2 ton status

That's what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that you are abusive in any way. Don't get me wrong please. But watch your self when you "Lose it". There is a line. IMO anyway.