Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TO THE A**HAT WHO PULLED THIS STUNT!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 2, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Maybe the next time you should check my work schedule you idiotic fawktard!!!!!!

I really don't appreciate coming home to this crap and if y'all think y'all are being sneaky or some such crap, think ago dumba**!!!!!!!!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

DISCLAIMER: If one of y'all wankers are pulling a cruel joke on ole Bubba, send me a PM and we can discuss "settling" the matter. Otherwise, the e-mail has been forwarded to the proper authorities.

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

C'mon Bubba, we jes gotta know what happened man! Did somebody send you an email bomb or something? I got one once. 2000 empty emails... Ping'd the SOB and traced it right to his work computer and got him fired.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what happened /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, you gotta spill it now!!!!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    C'mon Bubba, we jes gotta know what happened man! Did somebody send you an email bomb or something? I got one once. 2000 empty emails... Ping'd the SOB and traced it right to his work computer and got him fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to talk....more in another post!!!

I opened up my e-mail and I had an e-mail from CK5, "My password for CK5 forums." The person registered as Bubba2 and had the e-mail sent to me /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. And they should of checked with me since I was gone at the time this e-mail came.....Don't know if it was someone pissed at me, someone trying to do something funny without telling me(I would of gone for it with prior notification) or what, but it's not too cool.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

ya know, a couple guy's have a little fun and the next thing ya know, everybody jumps on the band wagon and tries to play the same joke...It's done people it's over ,it's old news...Someone needs to come up with something completely new, if I want a re-run I'll watch fawkin M.A.S.H. ..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Hey, M*A*S*H is a good show. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

M*A*S*H, Rocks..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. landsmasher

Well if Bubba got 1000 emails it's not a joke. It's cyber terrorism and a darn dirty trick. If it's just a joke and nothing more it was a bad one. The problem is that you have to either go through all the emails and delete each one individually in order to cypher out the ones you need to keep or delete them all and lose any emails you would have liked to have received. So it's a sucky joke...

We need a "Thumbs Down" emoticon.... Steve?

Ooops, replied to the wrong guy...

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

So what exactly happened? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Whats going on ??? I missed something.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    are you talking about this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no, this is the guy I'm talking about,
    [ QUOTE ]
    registered the Login Name "Bubba2".

[/ QUOTE ]
    As for this other guy, I never got an e-mail on it, unless non-members can change their screen names too......

HMMMMMMMMMMM, I've PM'ed Steve about it. If he can't do anything, I'm sure the IP address in the e-mail can be utilized /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

get a rope /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

and a chainsaw /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. landsmasher

Bubba Ray Boudieaux registered on Friday the 2nd... Same day that Our Bubba got the email bomb. Couldn't find a registered user called Bubba2 in the user list. Maybe Steve deleted him already. Waiting to hear back from the original Bubba Ray so that I can continue. Need some answers first...

There is a thing I call a "Super Ball Bomb". It's basically an email with an auto response that once sent to another email addy with an auto response will bounce back and forth untill the server is full. This can happen in a matter of minutes. This may be what happened to Bubba. All they had to do was insert Bubbas email addy into the reply-to area of the email. Not as easy as it sounds but that's the basics of it. It kinda hurts my head and makes me dizzy to understand it but I don't need to understand it in order to find out where it came from. However there is one thing that bothers me about it and I need to figure this one out before I go any farther.

Wake up and get on the puter Bubba... Check your PMs and email... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    There is a thing I call a "Super Ball Bomb". It's basically an email with an auto response that once sent to another email addy with an auto response will bounce back and forth untill the server is full. This can happen in a matter of minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would believe that is the tactic that was employed in this instance. When I opened my e-mail, about every ten seconds another new e-mail from this guy would arrive. What I ended up doing was blocking the address to stop the carnage.

18. landsmasher

Near as I can figure that's the only way you could stop it at this point. Unfortunately, the guy is on a hub with no reuters in between and by blocking his IP you block everyone on that server. So if you know anyone else who uses that server you won't get emails from them. You are blocking the entire server.

Everything stops at this mike guy. I don't think he did it. I think he was a vehicle for the bomb and has no idea yet what happened. I have my ISP working on it also.