Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To those of you still using 3-bladed razors...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

GET WITH THE TIMES YOU OLD FOGEYS....

I just bought and used one of those new 4-bladed razors... It feels like it took off a few layers of skin, but my face has never felt so smooth in my life...

I just used one of my 3-blade razors to shave my new beret, since that's all it's good for now /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You mean you don't use a big knife like John Wayne or Rambo /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Is it really better?? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I hate shaving,but I have too, if I want to get any /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifmy face is like 40 grit sand paper, 12 hours after I shave /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Actually, the blades hurt like hell... I thought I was going to rip my face off... But it did a much better job in less time than the 3 blades I was using... I'll stick with the 4 blades... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Now he can get all 4 hairs in one swipe!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

They make a vibrating one... ehhe...

7. unclematty

HUH,HUHH,HUHH, he said "vibrating" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Now he can get all 4 hairs in one swipe!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was thinking...Somehow when I think of Capman shaving its like every other Monday or somthing like that.

I'll stick to my Mach 3. I only get in trouble at work every Tuesday and Thursday...but I think they gave up I havent been yelled at in a while /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. unclematty

I wish it was just work, no shave, no kittie. my wifes face(and other parts) are very sensative. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Somehow when I think of Capman shaving its like every other Monday or somthing like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like every 3-4 days... sometimes up to 5 days if I work on Sunday or Monday when no one is around who really gives a crap if I haven't shaved in a week /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Actually, the blades hurt like hell... I thought I was going to rip my face off...

[/ QUOTE ]

What an endorsement. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I actually have a few of those old razors that are like knifes, you see them in old movies when a guy goes to a barber shop. I don't use them though, I don't need to get a slab of my face stitched back on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i hav a strate razor and use it often, the absolut best shave ever hands down.

it takes a whille to do it your self because of the backwards angles in the mirror. i hate to shave so i usualy use the mac 3, but you want a smooth save use and oldfason shaveing soap. it really loosens up your beard.

i get a shave from my barber when i get back from camping 3 weeks of beard one stroke and very smoth!!!!!

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm lucky I can hide my 2 blade from my leg-shaving psycho wife...

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I use an electric, screw that blade stuff, that's too much work.

Every 5 days? Dude, thats insane. If I get that lazy my girlfriend tends to complain quite a bit.

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I've always been scared of those electric ones... I don't want to get electricuted /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It's waterproof.

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif How much do they cost? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've tried 1,2,3,4 blades and I still think the Mach 3 is the best its the one used by the military or mostly the military. That 4 blade quatro thing ate me up I have to shave twice a day cause Im just a hairy mofo. So it sucks any way I look at it but the Mach3 is very kind to my face.

20. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i use single blade razors... no shaving cream or soap either... just cut the chit off, how hard is it?!

never quite figured out why people pay $9879375930787 for the spendy razors...

btw, i heard a guy on pirate talking about cryogenic freezing... he was saying that when he first started his cyro biz he was doing research, just freezing random stuff to see what the effect was. Apparently Mach III blades will last for months after treatment. I think if I ever get some stuff cryo'd I might toss some mach IIIs in there (gf uses them on her legs...). Cryo peeps charge by the pound... and razors dont weigh much at all. If it worked, it'd be a heck of a way to save $$. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j