Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

to those who have gone camo....i need advice!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CAROLINAK5, Oct 1, 2001.

CAROLINAK5 1/2 ton status

Aug 2, 2001
    i'm in the process of doing a spray bomb paint job, camo pattern, and was wondering should i tape off the different colors or let them run together..kinda like airbrushed..
    which looks better? so far i have taped off the tailgate and painted it and it doesn't seem natural, kinda looks like patch work instead of camo.
    any one who has done this and can offer some advice my ears are wide open.

by the way..my wife wouldn't ride in the blazer before; now she says there is no way she will be seen it the blazer......i'm kinda liking my FREEDOM!

Most overheard question in the Carolinas...................."Randy who"????
  2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Mar 17, 2001
    No tape...just let it fog. Like you said taping just doesnt look natural. Another variation, which seems to be sorta south oriented, is to hold something up to the rig and fog around it. We use Palmetto's for this. I have seen leaves and all sorts of patterns. I have never done it myself, I prefer to just fog it in a camo pattern.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
  3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Jul 20, 2000
    You can also seperate the colors with a thin line of black spray paint instead of running them together. It breaks up the colors good and gives a branch effect.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=blue>NEVADA: Where the pavement ends, and the West begins.</font color=blue>