Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

To: Todd 78/87 Ever Figure out Tuff Country Ride?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76chevy, Nov 1, 2000.

1. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Todd,

Did you ever fiqure out why your Tuff Country rode so rough? I have a 4 inch front only lift and it rides great under 40 mph but then starts bouncing like crazy when I hit bumps above that speed. Freeway drives me nuts, I almost get sick.

I'm thinking it is my shocks but if you stand next to the vechile you can make it jiggle like crazy without the shocks even moving.

2. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Hey Man,, sorry it took so long to get back with you,, been really busy... I "think" so... first,, I was running 30+ lbs of air in my tires,, so I dropped them down to 26-28 lbs,, and I found that my front drivers side body mount is broke all the way through... so I get a big slam when I hit that front side....

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Haines,Alaska

3. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Body mounts huh... I noticed on mine that it lined up perfect until I lifted it, now the rear cab part on the pasanger side hangs down about an inch.

I can hear a knocking noise underneath when offroad. I've checked everything and it is tight. The drivers side body mount has a space big enough that I can put my fingers in between the mount and the cab. The bolt it tight though. Maybe I should replace my mounts too.

I understand being busy, I worked 25 hrs overtime last week.

Thanks for the reply.