Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Today, I found

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 79Stomper, Oct 1, 2006.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

this when I yanked the heads off of a 350. Still contemplating on sending it to the machine shop and having it blasted. The bottom end looks like it was re-built not too long ago. I will probably just send the heads in and have them re-worked. This motor was not taken care of. Sludge throughout the whole thing.

I had a mishap and spilled a few quarts of nasty oil all over the carport so I had to stop and pressure wash the carport and ended up doing the house. I should have the motor back in next week, then all I will need to do is find a decent q jet to throw on the top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:eek1: , could have been worse...some how.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, could have been worse. Friend gave me a running 350. I pulled the valve covers off, and the rocker arms were all surrounded by sludge as high as the covers. :eek1:
    Everything was totally worn out, rebuilt another 350 that was clean as..........well, it was clean. One extreme to another!

Looks like fun! :D

4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

:eek1: :eek1: yep that things had a hard life. ......... you too, i spilt a bucket of gear oil in my driveway this weekend :doah: