Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Today is a bad day...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Apr 25, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I am usually not this public about my personal life, but I feel like this is sort of part of my family so I will share. I didn't tell most people on here but my dad has 3 brain tumours and lung(sp?) cancer. He got diagnosed in december 2 weeks before x-mas. My mom and him went to Kelowna to get radiation therpy. After they got home he seemed better. He was put on steroids to help the tumours decrease. Although it may have helped, the steroids made him go a but crazy. He kept saying we have a million dollars, and we can buy anything we want. He was going to buy a bunch of EXPENSIVE things, like a house on the beach in vancouver, a mall here, and a big tractor. So we took him off that for a while, then introduced it in small ammounts. It worked fine. 2 weeks ago on friday I woke up to my mom yelling my name. My dad had just had his first major seizure. The tumours are growing. We took him to the hospital and got him some anit-seizure medicine. It made him sleepy, but he never had a big seizure again. He kepted getting worse after that. He had to have this thing attached to him because he was so weak he could to go to the bathroom. All he ate was water, pills, and protein drinks. He was definitly suffering. This morning I came up for breakfast and my mom said I should go see my dad after I was done because he was not doing well. A little shocked I finished my breakfast in a hurry, only to hear a nurse downstairs call my mom. Then my mom called me, as I walked in the door, it was the last time I would see my dad alive. He took his last breathe as I sat downbeside him. He died at 11:00 my time (mountain time of something) I'm glad that he died peacefully, instead of being in the hospital. My dads side of the family is coming tonight and tomorrow to help us. I just wrote this to ask everyone to pray that my mom and everyone will be alright through this. This is the hardest part of my life, I was so close to my dad, and to see him laying there, dead, broke my heart. I will never forget him, knowone on here knew him, but he was the most honest, thoughtful guy. He cared about his family and friends more than himself. If anyone wants to know more they can PM me. Thanks for listening and wish us luck.

-Stephen

p.s. sorry about the spelling errors and untidy paragraph.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i am sorry to hear about your dad. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    i wouldn't dare to think if anything hapened to my dad /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    be strong for your mom /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sorry to hear about this, luck to you and yours

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well, be glad his pain is over. Sucks that he's gone, but you'll meet him again soon enough (if that's what you choose to believe anyway), be happy about that /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Y'all are in my thoughts, sorry to hear about your dad /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yeah, I'm glad that he won't have anymore headaches and all. The funeral people are coming over soon so I have to go. Thanks everyone

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

its hard losing someone you're that close to. he's in a better place though. sorry to hear about that /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. My wife and I will be praying for you and your family.

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

That's too bad man, my dad died when I was 12, and while I pretty much got over it the same day, I can understand, if not know how you feel.

Don't get hung up on it man, be happy you had the time you did. The inevitable is nothing to dwell on

People only tuly die when no one remembers them, keep him in mind as long as you live

9. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

soory to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

NIck

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

a moment of silence for your dad.....................

if you ever need to talk to anyone we are always here you can feel free to pm me any time to chat if you need someone to talk to. just remember all the good times you both had together and make sure your there for all of your family

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's too bad man, my dad died when I was 12, and while I pretty much got over it the same day, I can understand, if not know how you feel.

Don't get hung up on it man, be happy you had the time you did. The inevitable is nothing to dwell on

People only tuly die when no one remembers them, keep him in mind as long as you live

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad's dad died when my dad was 12.

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I have to say again, thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts. A few minutes ago the funeral people left and took him to the funeral place. Now it's time to start planning for the funeral. Then we will cremate (sp?) him, and sprinkle his ashes in the ocean and where he grew up in the Vancouver area around his old house.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So sorry too hear about your loss. You and yours will be in my prayers tonight.

14. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

My best wishes go out to you and your family. I am sorry to hear what you and your family have been through. Be strong and remember that he will always love you and be there for you.

Jesse

15. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad, just try to realize he is not suffering anymore. you and your family will be in my prayers.

16. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Sorry Stephen. I went through the exact same thing with my mom a few years back. Know you're dad's in a much better place now, and he'll never suffer again. Remember, you'll see him again someday. Prayers to your family.

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'll take that as an invitation to be your new father figure, feel free to move down and sleep in the shop

Don't get too down buddy, they all go eventually

Good to hear he went with cremation, I won't get into why, but anyway....

Good luck with the funeral and taking care of details

18. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Condolences to you and your family. Our prayers are with you.
    Joe

19. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Stephen,

Im very sorry to hear of your dad passing away. Im glad you got to be there with him in the last moments, I'll be praying for you and your family as you grieve.......

20. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Aw man, Steve, that's really sad news. I was just thinking about you today- I was out at the property trying to clear out my willow patch and I wondered what you were up to on such a beautiful day. Had I known I would have bombed into Cranbrook to lend you a shoulder to lean on...... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nothing I can say will make you feel better right now, but your dad knew you loved and respected him and that's all that counts.

Keep your chin up, brother. The Brotherhood is here for you whenever you need to talk.