Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Today is the day...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shawnboy, Dec 17, 2001.

1. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Well as some of you know from my previous post "A sad day" that I totalled my rig on Friday. Well now I've got to go see the insurance adjuster this morning. I guess I had better bring along a fresh jar of vasoline. I'd rather use 80w gear lube but it might mess up his suit. Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted. Also, does any of my fellow Canadian K5ers know of any rigs for sale. The drive train is not important but the body should be next to mint. Thanks again.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by shawnboy on 12/17/01 03:22 PM.</FONT></P>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

The adjuster was to be here at 10AM it is now noon my time and still nobody! Figures. It looks like I'll miss the whole work day waiting for the goof.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

4. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

good luck and add a days work on for your troubles!

"growin old is not for sissies"
    77k5 400/350/np203/stock for now

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Good luck with it. The bad part is the accident will be considered your fault but if you hit the car and hurt or killed anybody in it it would have been their fault. It sucks the way the insurance companys work.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

6. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Well it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We talked and he admitted the truck was in beautiful condition and said he would
    "try" to get the high side of dealer retail, which is quite more than I thought and close to what I was wanting, and I get to keep my new 33" BFG MT KMs and rims that I just bought in October and my stereo as well. I'll through an old set of MT Bajas on it so it rolls and that will be that. We'll see, I trust insurance adjusters like I do politicians. I DON'T!!! This is my 1st "accident" in 25 years of driving. I have a witness who pulled over as well so I think I'll be okay as far as the insurance issues are concerned. I hope.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by shawnboy on 12/17/01 03:24 PM.</FONT></P>

7. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

Heh Shawn,as I told you on the phone...I am glad you are OK.You did forget to post what you have as a replacement vehicle.You did say that you were enjoying the Ford Explorer that they gave you....hmmmmm.kidding bud!!!!

chevrules...always has and always will

8. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

A Furd Exploder!!!!, he will be back in the ditch on his own now! LOL (I hope not!)

1 ton '87 Chevy SWB in the making!

9. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Hey Shawn..... a few words of encouragement.... My insurance (State Farm) took very good care of me when my '89 was stolen earlier this year. I got more than enough out of it to cover what i had in it and to replace it with another just like it (actually newer and nicer.) Keep yer chin up... may not be as bad as you expect..

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 3.73's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

10. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    <font color=green>Considering your noble deed in saving the lives of the kids, I </font color=green><font color=red>SINCERELY</font color=red><font color=green> hope that the usual screw job will </font color=green><font color=red>NOT</font color=red><font color=green> happen to you.
    The old saying is about what goes around comes around, so you deserve the </font color=green><font color=red>BEST</font color=red><font color=green> treatment.
    </font color=green>

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

11. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

Just a thought I had a show car when I got out of high school, a moron hit me and totaled it. The Ins company gave me a somewhat fair price, but here is the kicker. I was able to buy it back for like $500 and I parted it out and made more out of it. Check to see if you can, when it happened I dealt with HER insurance company and it was Allstate. Hope it helps.

&lt;*)))&gt;&lt;

81" GMC Jimmy, 4" lift and a shackle flip, and 35's!

IT'S A DOG EAT DOG WORLD OUT THERE, AND WEARING "MILK BONE" UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!

12. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Thanks alot Jamie. I wasn't going to admit that because the car rental place is supposed to straighten up this mess on Wednesday by UPGRADING me to a full size Chev pickup. I'm gonna put nails in your next batch of moose sausage for that one. Yah bugger. lol.
    Yah they gave me a furd explorer. What a piece of work this thing is. Did you know that when you put in 4 lo, crank the wheels really sharp and stomp on it that you actually get a really nasty wheel hop. I was just sepprised that it had a 2 speed transfer case. Push button operated, my gawd!!! Actually the worst part about piloting this thing is that for the first time in years I actually have to look up when I go through the coffee shop drive thru. Now that sucks. The stereo is about the only redeeming quality in this thing in which I'm forced to drive. 4 doors, pffft. Can you imagine. No offence to the 'Burban bros out there. Also did you know that if you toggle the power door locks really fast lots that they will stop working. Worse than that it has a rev limiter that won't let you go over 4,000 rpm. I think the worst part is when I tried to park in my usual spot at the coffee shop , you have to jump a curb to do it, the friggin thing leaves little pieces of plastic behind.OOOOOPS!!!!!!!!! Bottoming out is another thing I haven't felt in years either. At least not when going over a curb. The long and short is that this sewing machine powered, plastic, over engineered piece of sh*t isn't worth the time of day. Again thanks Jamie. Paybacks are a bitch.lol.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by shawnboy on 12/18/01 12:51 PM.</FONT></P>