Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Today sucked....death to a TH400

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Feb 20, 2007.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Today marked the beginning of the death of the TH400 in my '85 K30.

I bought this tranny, rebuilt with B&M parts, off eBay some time back and after installing it, it ran fine.

Today, for some reason, all the forward gears decided to shimmy and shake on me. Reverse works fine. The dipstick read full and clean fluid.

So, I parked the truck and got the '87 SBW truck I had up for sale and got insurance on it, too. Gonna drive this thing now and enjoy cheaper gas. This truck at least goes further than the K30 and with less fuel, too.

Oh well. I'm parking the K30 and calling it "done" for now. No, don't even ask if I'm parting it out either. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

[​IMG] You know you can't leave your K30 all alone out there! You'll get over it, and be back up and running in no time. :haha:

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Nope. Its parked for good now. Plans call for a teardown to do a ground up restoration. But first I need to build a shop.

I've been thinking of another source of income, which will remain anonymous for now, so I can pay for a new truck. I've got my eyes and thoughts on a brand spanking new K3500 ext. cab shortbed with a Duramax. :bow: