Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

...today's drill sergeant is kinder and gentler.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Oct 11, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

DISCLAIMER - I am not, nor have I ever been in the military.

That said, you guys that have read the following and let me know your opinion. It looks like a bad idea to me, but I have never BTDT -

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Another article - same topic.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Just read that in the paper, funny chit, please drop down and give me 20,,,,please....:haha:

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

just what i want, a bunch of pussies defending my country.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

When the chit REALLY hits the fan , WE are going to be fighting too. That is if it ever came to our soil , our homes . We ARE the reserves , every man and women with arms protected by the second ammendment of the United States of America :usaflag:

I just hope the boys in uniform keep that from happening . God I hope my brother comes home safely !!

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Being a former drill sergeant, this is a load of horsepucky!!!! Drill sergeants are judged by how many of their recruits actually graduate. No many HOW MANY brain dead recruits you end up with, you are only allowed to drop a very few of them.

There is a reason for the screaming and carrying on. Its called performing under duress. You do not produce real fighting men by counseling them. You have to push, mentally and physically in order to show the recruits that their ability to cope is much greater than they ever dreamed.

I could go on and on, but I think everyone gets the idea.

7. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

my DIs were soft,cuddly men:D i still have nightmares of them(but i thanked them when it was over:bow: ) maybe softer claymores next?

8. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I think it varies by service. I've heard the Air Force boys get "time out" cards to throw if things get too rough. Several of my friends have gone through boot in the past few years, and the Army and Marines still get rode pretty hard. The special forces training is as difficult as it has ever been, it has to be, those boys are pretty much guaranteed a front row seat in the middle east or Afghanistan. Regardless of what branch someone joins, it's definately not easy in any regard, and my hat is off to anyone who can tolerate the mindf*** and the bureaucracy. The military is definately not the same that it used to be.

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i think that all guns should be destroyed, and we'll start fighting wars with Nerf guns. :D

10. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

all of thoes articles apear to be from the army side of the tracks... I dont care who the hell you are Marine Corps Boot camp sucks... I am sure it will keep getting easier ( I know I didnt have it as bad as OG Marines)
    Drill instructers are Bad MOFERS. It keeps you real and ready in the moment. if you panic under stress, your never going to last on the front lines.
    I tell you what, when I have AK rounds flyin over my head, and Its only me and my fire team going against a couple of dozen rag heads, and we start runnin low on ammo. I gaurentee the Marines who are trained to deal with the stress will Last in the situation, way befor todays soldiers in the new "Mothers of America" approved army. I am not dissin the army as we all are fighting for the same cause, but they are WEAK!!!

11. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I went thru MCRD San Diego in Aug 75. Had 3 pairs of glasses broken in basic, due to combat boots up side of head:eek1: :eek1: . Later on, I wore the "HAT" for 3 years. ETA-FTC-ask an old timer, they might know what it means.

12. patt107

patt107 1/2 ton status

I went to basic at FT.Benning GA about 4 years ago and i can tell you that they werent very nice to us!!:haha: I dont think a DS in the infantry basic training areas are getting any softer on recruits, maybe at FT Jackson or someplace thats mixed and they have to watch what they say around some recruits. Army special forces training is in a whole other league compared to any other services training!! that will never change because they want people to wash out so they know they have candidates that are strong physically and mentally. You really have to earn the green or tan beret.
    You know thats funny that you would comment about the army being weak. When the armys 82nd Airborne had control of Falujah there were no major problems with the city(aside from the usual sh*t that goes on across the country) then we gave the marines control of it in 2004 and the place went down hill fast. Fallujah turned into the insurgent capital of Iraq, oh and lets not forget about Ramadi. When the army had control of that city we were able to actually run convoys through it, when the marines took over most of the city it became the most dangerous place in Iraq according to the boots on the ground. So you can call us WEAK or not as good as the marines but if you look at the things we accomplish it shows who can and cant get the job done right. Just a funny note, When the second assault on Falujah kicked off parts of a marine infantry battalion followed an army unit into the city!! How i know this......................you figure it out!!:wink1: what i can say is we are all here to defend our country and it doesnt matter if your a soldier,marine, sailer or airman.
    just my 2 cents
    pat

13. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

:eek1: I remember saying that before, but in hindsight, some of the best times I ever had. "Why do all you guys call it the Suck?" FNG's:D

John

14. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

Military training.

That's funny, not only did I do Basic Training in 1984 but I was stupid enough to do OCS in 1987/88. Both were some of the most stressful events in my life. But I very proud and glad I experianced both. I would not trade them for anything. I believe I am a better person after having graduated both schools. The strengh of the military is getting the job done regardless of the pain, stress, cold, heat or any kind of suffering. If the current military believes that this is the way to go, more power to them. I believe you train as tough and as hard as possible. You have to push the limits to find out about yourself. The Russians use to say "Train tough battle easy". Maybe it's true?:usaflag: