Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Todays progress with question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Well all the old is officially gone. Worked pretty much all day on the blazer and the entire old front suspension is gone and the rear is gone as well. Vacuumed out the broken rear glass. Lift gets here Monday gonna put it on Monday afternoon. Then the steering arm gets here Wednesday. Then after that it is gonna have to sit for a little while.

Question: The nut on the upper rear shock stud stripped the "shock stud" and I had to grind it off. Is this an item you can go to autozone and pickup in like the help section or do you have to special order it?

Almost forgot the most important mod today...............got my skull head transfer case shift lever knob installed:D

2. Quackaddict

can't find the shock bolt on Autozone.com anybody got any other ideas???

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

LMC truck might carry it, or you could inboard your shocks like / \ if you don't mind a little extra sway:wink1:

4. Quackaddict

yeah problem with LMC is the lift will be here on Monday and I start my new job on Tuesday so I gotta get it in.

How would mount the top of the shock like that if I don't have the stud up top?

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

autozone should have one in thier help or dorman section.
    rancho has em too. I use to have a bucket of em when I did my rear shock kits. :(

6. Quackaddict

cool I will cruise by there tomorrow on the way home from church. I was gonna do that and pray...... getting nervous. I know it is out my control and it happens but just seems like the little things keep biting me. Just gotta keep plugging away.

7. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i had trouble finding them so i went to a fastners store and got 5/8 (i think) grade 8 bolts and nuts and everything they have held up very well and slid on the shock no problem.

8. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Where did you get a job at?

I think monday is my last day that i will be able to go to waco. Im shooting an email to my aunt right now to figure out my blazer getting to waco deal, but ill let you know in the afternoon.

9. Quackaddict

May have to try the bolt idea if I can't find the right part.

Just let me know when you might be coming they are sitting out waiting on ya whenever you get the chance.

10. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

when I got my rough country lift it came with new studs,and bolts for the rear. I might still have the old ones some where I will check

Good to hear you got a job:waytogo:

11. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

your new shocks may come with new studs. I got Tuff country and the shocks came with new studs and nuts

12. Quackaddict

Well I went to autozone and found one for $5, however when my kit gets here tomorrow if it has new ones in it then I will just return it. thanks for the heads up though so I don't go install it in the morning and then get the kit and find it comes with them.

Yeah the job isn't the greatest (security in downtown dallas at night) but it is money and a start to help hold us over until I find something better.