Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Todays progress

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 19, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is what I did today. Removed the bumper, stock front axle and sway bar, then installed my 4" BDS springs and Dana 60. Tomorrow I will hopefully drop the gas tank and remove the hitch. Then the rear is getting a homegrown flip for now to match the front. Removed the doors obviouslly as well, damned if they are ever going back on. All I need before she is ready to roll is:

-fab trans crossmember
    -install rad and other misc engine stuff(like headers)
    -fab up aftermarket hydraulic clutch setup(wilwood components)
    -drag link/tie rod
    -install 2wd box
    -install correct spring plates on 14 bolt

List isn't short but hell of a lot shorter than it was a couple days ago.
    last week:
    [​IMG]
    OH and I did thoroughly clean up after myself today, just took the pictures beforehand.

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

LOOKS SWEET! Looks like you got alot of work done for a week! I am really interested in what you are doing w/ your hydro clutch w/ the Willwood components. Could you tell me what components you are using from Willwood and what stock Chevy parts you are using, and why did you choose the Willwood parts over some GM parts.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I am using, Wilwood Master Cylinder and slave cylinder. My dad recently did it on his circle track car. I'm using all the stock GM manual clutch components then just mounting the slave cylinder to the clutch fork. Not sure exactly what I will be doing as far as brackets, making my own stuff I'm sure. After seeing my dad's setup I am certain this will be my course of action. Just need to fab a pedal assembly and run a line between the 2 cylinders. With the 465 it will be more difficult to do this than it was on the 3 speed in dad's car, but I think very doable. At worst I think I will run a cable from the slave cylinder to the clutch fork, that way I can mount it a little farther away and have a good mounting location for it. I will definetally get pictures of the setup.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like those ghetto wheels /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looks good, what size of tires are those? (the swampers)

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

39.5 IROKs Friend is lending me the wheels(ones on the axle right now and that the IROKs are mounted on) for a little while till I get some new 15x8s to put some Cybrfire beadlocks on.

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Wait, I missed something. What happened to the buggy?

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

got a deal on the K5 so I gave up on the buggy. Gonna work my way through the body, maybe next winter I will take up a project building a full tube chassis buggy, but for now I'm just gonna romp a K5 like the rest of you guys /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I saw those cyberfire beadlocks, who does aguy have to whack to get a set of those? they are nice! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif the only way it gets done /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

One more thing, you can't tell but I also pulled the motor, trans, and tcase and replaced them with my 355, SM465 and 241. It had a smokey 305, burned up 700R4, and a leaky 208 in it before.

12. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you use to hack up that fender? An Axe? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

13. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i think the full bodied rigs are cooler anyway! looks good, keep up the good work!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif i cant wait till i get to that point finally on my truck!!

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

a bi metal blade with a tooth in every third spot /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif didn't feel like changing blades, I am gonna clean it up, just did it cause they were coming off anyway and I had to roll the axle forward out from under there.

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you use to hack up that fender? An Axe? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif