Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Todays projects... pics, not 56k friendly.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryoken, Jul 17, 2004.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

for your amusement..

freebies! (well, all except the trans temp /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif)

[​IMG]

rubber pads and s.s tabs..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hehe, check out the ghetto fab on the trans temp till the pod gets here tues... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[​IMG]

i have the matching speedo, volt and fuel too.. next winter i'll do the indash method... just want the mechanical function on oil pres and water temp for now... probably put the standards up to the left and run trans and oil temp down where the stereo was..

haha, anyone seen a stereo over there? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif i'm learning to like it.. and my gf appreciates the accesability... good thing we like the same tunes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

the shop.... /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[​IMG]

why not, its in the folder.... a 78 CC Dorie i just finished a full resto on. new floors, 350 mpi, full paint, wood, etc... anyone ever want to see boat projects, i've got 100's of pics.. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[​IMG]

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Pic whore!

That's a really neat boat you have, can you PM me some more pics?
    LOL, you should see where the CD player is in the Jimmy, i can hardly reach it, darn steering wheel /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. ryoken

hehe, not my boat.. customers, he's got 50 g's in it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

the Sony's got a 6 disc down in the console which is cool...

maybe i'll upload some boat stuff and post over in the Lounge... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ooh.my mistake.woah!6 discs?that would be awesome /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Holy Clean K5's Batman! I remember when mine looked like that....well, not really... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

that looks sweet paul!!! that will be next for me, so ill be sure to be asking you some questions!!!!

NICE WORK!!!

7. ryoken

thanks Tom

trans temps seem to run between 155 and 170.. i'll get a better idea today with about 200 miles on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Hey Paul,
    5th picture down, it's a close-up of 2 fittings. Look at the actual installation on the truck, because the pic makes it look like those lines are rubbing. You do NOT want braided stainless lines rubbing on each other, especially if they get dirty. They'll cut right through each other and it'll be leak-city...

9. ryoken

its just the pic angle... i thought the same thing when i looked at the pic, but i knew it was routed well and secure..

they chase nicely next to each other behind the heatshield over on that side..

thanks for the headsup on a potential prob. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

get to work you slacker!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

OK, cool!

12. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Looks nice and clean! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I like the big clock in the middle of the dash. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

So is that a remote tranie filter, and is that where the temp sending unit is? looks like a good clean setup. And man that is a nice boat!

14. ryoken

thank you sir... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

pretty simple mods... i am sooooo glad to have some accurate gauges...

[ QUOTE ]
    big clock in the middle of the dash

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, apparently someone prior had one there and when they ripped it off it peeled the finish so there was a bare spot there. drove me nuts, now i just get the constant reminder of how late i am for work. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

15. ryoken

yup, remote filter setup... one of my customers hooked me up with most of the parts for a few favors he owed me...

the filter boss had the 1/8 NPT right in the top, figured that was as good or better than the pan for the sender, and hella easier... it came with some unknown chrome filter that i nixed in favor of a Wix.. not sure how much the extra filter helps (if someone has info on this, i'd appreciate it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).. but i'm digging the 150 to 165 temps knowing they must have been at least 200 thru the radiator...

now its my turn to dole out some cash, Thorleys and full exhaust... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif