Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Todays spur of the moment trip............. PICS!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pure Insanity, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

FL84K5 and I met up for a spur of the moment ride this afternoon to see what we could find. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif We ended up going to my old stomping grounds from a decade ago to play in the sand pits and see if this mud hole I heard about existed. We we played in the sand for a while, went hill climbing, and found this infamous mud hole. On the way to the pits the sides of the road are now under water, w/ just the road above. Ill be willing to bet there is a good 15 acres or more of muck to play in! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It was UNREAL! I took some pics of Jason playing in the mud and he got some killer pics of me. He is a MUCH better photograher than I am. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PICS!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif looks like a fun place to play /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

man i wish we had mud in vegas! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif my only mud pit in the whole town is off limits now. they're building houses on it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Pure Insanity

AH this place was a blast! It was supposed to be a HUGE development back in the 70s or somethin that never took off. There was very few houses ever built. May have something to do w/ 99% of the land being under water. But it has roads blazed thru it so theres easy access to everwhere. Yrs ago when I very 1st went out there some of the roads were under 4 feet of water, and some poor saps LIVED down those roads and couldnt get in or out except by canoe. (sp)

For some of the (ahem) older folks here, remember those scams back in the 70s Own a piece of Florida type things and you eneded up w/ swamp land. Well this is one of them. LMAO! Theres SOME places going up on the higher ground but not many. Most of the people that "own" the land are from out of state and dont care about it so theres noone to complain and they dont care what happens out there. The mudhole I used to go to out there was bought out or taken over or whatever and is now a bird sanctuary or somethin. Doesnt matter theres plenty of places to go.

5. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

you guys shoulda driven 2 hours, and come and picked me up!!! What's up with that?
    Thanks for nothing /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Looks like yall had fun. Those spur of the moment trips are usually the funnest. It always seems like the ones I plan for months always get screwed up or I break something before I get there.

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I'll trade you the mud we have out here for the rocks you guys have out that way! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. Pure Insanity

Well thers 2 ways to do this Eric, Keep up w/ http://Florida4X4.com OR PM me your phone # so I can call you for the drop of a hat deals. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Pure Insanity

We had tons of fun. My kids were wanting to wash PI when we got home and I had to explain to them not to TOUCH the Blazer rinse it or other wise I didnt want that nasty smelling swamp water mud in the driveway. (I love the smell of it when Im there but dont want it in my yard. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif)

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain. I looked out my bedroom window to see a mud ring around PI where it had been rinsing off. So much for my plan. LOL! Its been raing for about 14 hrs straight now so its all rinsed away at least.

10. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

ok, now im officially jelioius, of corse if you broke somthing out there, it'd suck, or make the trip more interesting, depends on how you look at it, that looks like a off-roading paridise. mud\water\sand\hills, looks kick ass to me, wish we had a place like that around here /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, and our romping grounds are getting built on /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, we just have to tear em up the best we can before they bring in the front end loaders and screw it up forever, well anyway, good find, hope you have it for ages to come /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

11. Pure Insanity

The only damage from playing was a broken tranny mount. I have a post floating around this forum on that too. LOL! Breakage/damage/carnage is part of the game, it happens and ya cant worry or whine about it. Be it a 20 dollar mount or a 300 dollar axle, so be it. A motor I may be tweaked about tho. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The cool part is the mud and sand pits/ hills are about 1/2 mile away from eachother. The sand pits are a good 30 acres prob. Thers a big flat, a drop off where you climb the other side then a big flat, a tree line, more flat, a road, then more flats. ITS HUGE! The hill climbs arent what they used to be, yrs of people climbing and errosion have made the trails up them go from about 70* or more to maybe 30-45*. Really not much of a challenge or thrill anymore. The mud was where it was at. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

As far as having it for yrs to come, a guy I went to school w/, his dad used to go out there when HE was a kid. Me and the guy I went to school w/ are in our 30s, you do the math on his dad, and how long ago it was he went out there. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

12. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I'll consider my self scolded and will never assume to mouth off again /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    My truck is in no shape to go mudding right now. Besides, I think Diesels just sink in the mud. I was driving home (in the rain) yesterday and after going through a big puddle accidentally (on purpose) and tried to turn and the wheel kept catching. Thing my PS belt got wet or something. It's fine now, only lasted for a minute but it was weird.