Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Toed in Springs? done spring install and noticed something

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Oct 15, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My springs on my K5 go like this \/. Not nearly that bad but they do it. I don't have an axle in place now. Is this a bad thing, or common? I'd think axle would spread the springs out but not sure if I like that thought. I'll add pictures hopefully tonight.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If I remember correctly my springs didn't line up perfectly either. This was a while back so I'm dredgin here but I do remember lots of cussin and what not when it came to the front end. Word to the wise, don't attempt installin a lift on a dirt driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Good luck to ya.

Allan

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

It seems like the front spring mounts are junk as far as design. Like they should be thicker metal and are easily bent.

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Word to the wise, don't attempt installin a lift on a dirt driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ] you PU$$IE /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif you look through my webshots, its ALL done in a dirt driveway, like the 6" going on my Burb TODAY /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

springs are never created equaly, if you ordered ez ride theyll be kinda flext:) and in a v? well, ya, thats called "lift" dont sweat it, lookin at mine in the box right now, they are like that too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

They are BDS, I figured it was the frame mounts. Ok just checking if it was a problem.

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

PU$$IE huh???? I'll remember that!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Probably a lateral stability thing.

There are extream sheering forces introduced to the front suspension during hard cornering. Tri-angulating the springs, may help counter act this force (I'd guess).

Thats my take on it anyway.

8. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They are BDS, I figured it was the frame mounts. Ok just checking if it was a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]make sure the shackle and mount are not tweeked, if all looks ok, start boltin in, we'll see who gets done first, im in the rain /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif on a 3/4 burb /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif