Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tom Petty Concert Last Night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Me, the rest of the family, and three family friends drove down to Atlanta, GA to the HiFi Buys Amphitheatre (formerly Lakewood Amphitheatre I think) and saw Tom Petty. Excellent show. He came on at about 9:50, a little over a half-hour after we arrived, and did almost all of his classics, except for 'Into The Great Wide Open', 'The Waiting', 'You Don't Know How It Feels (To Be Me)', and as a big letdown for one of our friends with us, he didn't perform 'Break Down'.

The big suprise of the night was when Stevie Nicks came out on stage and sang with him 'Stop Dragging My Heart Around' and sang lead on 'I Need To Know', as well as a couple other songs. That was totally unexpected and brought a smile to my face, as I wasn't even 10 when Fleetwood Mac was its biggest in 80's, so I never got a chance to see them. Parents really, really enjoyed that too of Stevie Nicks singing with him on a couple songs.

Anyway, awesome concert, even though I was about as far away from the stage as somebody could get, in the Lawn section, as it was a mostly last minute (within the last week) decision to go. Only thing I didn't like was not getting back from it until about 3:30 in the morning. Woke up at 10:00 this morning. Oh and BTW, the family friends were the ones who paid for the tickets for all of us.

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Cool, I saw him way back in the days I smoked weed... I think I'll add some TP to my mp3 player.

Good deal, he's great live. :saweet: :saweet:

3. Inu-Hanyou1776

One of the more crazy things though was on the way back, I rode part of the way back with the family friends and they got on the wrong interstate for a little bit, so we had to turn around and their driver then proceeded to scare the hell out of me by whipping around cars like a Cup driver at about 95-100 (this was on one of Atlanta's notorius mulitlane interstates remember) to catch up with where the parents and brother had said on the cell phone they'd stopped to wait on us after we got separated. Met back up with them at a Waffle House, ate, and then I switched to riding with the family the rest of the way home.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sounds like my ride to work everyday... :haha:

5. Inu-Hanyou1776

:haha: :haha: Which is why I'm GLAD I don't live in a big city! Dad's told me a bunch of times that he'd probably be in jail somewhere for killing somebody out of road rage if he had to deal with traffic like that everyday.

Other crazy things that happened too were initially driving right past the Amphitheatre and winding up next to a high school football game during the final approach to the venue, so we had to turn around and go back, and then also on the way back stopping at a gas station so the wife of one of the family friends could go to the bathroom and having one of those big city career rich beggars walk up and pan.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

cool!..

I've never seen Tom Petty live yet,though he does play only 15 miles from here about every summer at the Tweeter Center in Mansfeild MA..he's got a lot of good tunes,that I grew up with in high school..

I am usually either broke from going to many country concerts,or have tickets to another show the same day as the rock concerts they have there..beats me how they do it here,but it seems like all the good artists and shows come at once,then its "dry" here for months!...

I'm going to go see George Jones tomorrow..should be a good show,but its supposed to be raining,might even get a thunderstorm,and its an outdoor concert..booo-hiss!...:doah: ..figures!..:crazy: