Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tom Woods or High angle Driveline

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Camo_crewcab, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Camo_crewcab

Camo_crewcab Registered Member

Ok so im thinking about handing over a fairly large chunk of change for a high angle driveline. The two best places look like Tom woods and High angle driveline. Who has bought from either one of these places?
    what does anyone have to say about either?

2. UPS

UPS 1/2 ton status

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

High Angle get my vote and money

4. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I bought from High Angle Driveshaft and would highly recommend them. Excellent service and top quality products. I will certainly buy from them again.:waytogo:

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Jesse at HAD has taken care of me on more than one occasion. The driveshaft I bought is beefy and arrived when he said it would. This past weekend, there was a time when the entire weight of my truck was on one rear tire, and I didn't even worry about the driveshaft.

6. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Same here, Beefy stuff!

7. Camo_crewcab

well i have heard allot of good things about high angle. But i really haven't heard very little about tom woods good or bad. Somone out there must have bought from tom woods. It appears that tom woods is a bit cheeper, and will ship faster. But thats about all i know.

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I had a Tom Woods CV on my old (04) Jeep and the first one failed after about 9 months which totaled 10 wheeling trips or so. I was not easy on it by any means but the CV wore out. I mailed it back to them and they warrantied it and sent me a new shaft. It lasted about a year and a half, same amount of wheeling trips, with no problems at all.

Before that I had a 1350 CV from HAD in my K5 and that thing was bad ass. Granted it cost me a ton but I doubt it would have ever worn out or broke.

I think you will be ok either way.

9. Camo_crewcab

good to know. Thanks.

10. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm running a HAD CV rear shaft for the last 5 years with the same U-joints that were in it when it was shipped to me. The best money i've spent on a driveshaft.

11. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

If you go HAD with a rear cv make sure you get the "optional" grease fitting to grease the ball/cv. The first one I had didn't have that and the cv went out. After conversation with HAD I was informed that the grease fitting was optional on that shaft, however I was never informed of this option when I bought it because I am pretty sure I would have wanted the cheap insurance a grease zerk offers on such an expensive shaft. So needless to say I had to send my shaft back to them, get a new cv with the "optional" grease zerk put it. Other than that "little" complication I haven't had any problems with the shaft...it did fix my vibrations from the lift which I am happy about.