Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tom woods vs high angle driveline

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerpro79, Apr 12, 2005.

1. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

what do you like more and why? im about to make a purchase and ive heard nothing but good tihngs about both companys. thanks everyone.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've heard bad things about Tom Woods. Both the man and the products. Seen more people say they've broken a Tom Woods shaft than a HAD one. If I were to make the choice it would handsdown be Jesse. After seeing him freak out cause of some random asshat on Pirate(jesse freaked as in went through all his records trying to track the guy down and make whatever was wrong, right) I have confidence in his stuff.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I've got a HAD and I love it. Some other BigDawgs have gotten stuff from TW and had no problems. I would tell you to go with Jess at HAD just because I have never gotten better customer service from any other place (except ORD). Overall I think HAD has a much better rep.

4. RustyMule

RustyMule Registered Member

I just ordered my D-shaft from HAD yesterday. The man knows his stuff. The first time I called last week, he talked to me like he was an old friend of mine. Nice guy. Pretty good price. I'll let you know how the shaft is when I get it, but I am not worried one bit about it's quality.

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i've heard good things about both. some bad w/ tom woods, nothing bad about HAD. plus HAD supports this site and does the monthly raffle, which i think is awesome(good advertising too :D )
    when i go CV in the rear its gonna be from HAD

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I have a tom woods shaft up front, and i will have a HAD in the rear as soon as it comes in. I went with a tom woods up front because he gives a $20 discount to our club, and he was cheaper than anyone else and has a decent warranty. I went with a HAD rear because I want a parking brake mounted on the t-case.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

another vote for HAD. I have his shafts front and rear on my rig and wouldn't trade them for any other driveshaft. Top notch and Jesse directly supports our fav K5 site via his monthly give-a-ways. He also visits CK5/pirate to answer questions and such from time to time. Dont think woods does...

j

8. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

HAD, got his front driveline. Good stuff.

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

My vote for HAD as well. Jesse has excelent customer service and supports this site. I heard somewhere that Tom Woods used to work for Jesse but I dont know if that's true. Anyway go with HAD, you cant beat em.

10. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

HAD....He's great to talk to and he supports us here. I have a HAD front shaft :D

11. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I just spoke with Jesse today, and he actually told me not to buy a part from him as I was not ready for it yet. Any business that will turn down a sale because it is not in the best interest of the customer gets a major thumbs up from me. I will be spending some money at that man's shop when I get things figured out.

12. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

I've got a High Angle front shaft. Jesse is a nice guy and he gives good product and good cust. service. Only one guy said bad about HAD in my experience, but he seemed like a jerk to me.

13. short sub

short sub Registered Member

jessy had me call back a few times just to make sure everything was RIGHT. the help and the products i recieved were excellent. he is very busy but that should mean something to ya. lata ryan