Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tomarro I am Removing All My Emmissions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Looksback, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

Like the post says I am going to remove all the emmission devices, except the EGR, but everything else such as smog pump, all the mounting brakets, charcoal canister, stock air cleaner, all hoses, and almost everything involving emmissions and there mounting hardware. But the reason I am posting this, and I know I should not be posting this here with out haveing paying my membership, but all of these devices I am giveing away to who ever wants them they just pay postage, becuase I figure its sort of a waste throwing all of this away when there is some body that can use it.

its being removed from a '86 K5 Blazer, with a 305cid and all of it is in working order

LooksBack

2. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

sweet! i did too (well, just the mufflers) and i don't have EGR or smog or anything else (nope, no cats) and you will be happy with the throttle response, i certainly was, MAN that thing revvs quick now. good luck, don't get caught.

3. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

Well, here where I live there is no emmission testing, or inspections, so none of these devices will be nessery. after I do this than I plan on adding on dual exhaust, with glass packs. But I figure there is no need to just through this stuff away. What I am intrested in is how did you remove you EGR? did you have to change your intake manifold?

LooksBack

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I think you can get a cover plate to go over the EGR hole, however, not too sure on that one. I bought a edelbrock performer manifold, I would reccomend that. Its of nice construction and aluminum always looks cool.

5. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I had never thought of that, would you know where I might be able to find one of these cover plates?

LooksBack

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm gonna guess that in about 3-5 years, (if you don't actually ask what you are accomplishing) you will figure out that what you have done is basically worthless from a power producing standpoint. And for that matter, will help reduce your MPG's.

FWIW.

7. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I would keep that stuuf stored in a box. Someday you might need it. I did that to all my cars in Oregon and when I moved down to AZ I needed them. If I were you I would keep it before giving it away or throwing it away.

You can just make the plate. If you don't want to then I would go to a wrecking yard and start looking. Most cars in the Oregon junk yards had the emmissions removed and all the small blocks had the plate on them. I suspect you will find the same is true for Montana. Of course, that is if the local parts store does not sell them for a couple bucks.

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Don't remove the air pump, just cut the belt. Much easier so that way if they start doing sniff tests, you can pass by putting a belt on.

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If you just take the belt off, it'll take some time to get it working again since it'll probably seize up on ya. That's what happened to me, but I just took it apart and did a little R&R...